Solved

gtx770 4gb vs 280x 3gb or wait for maxwell?

I'm going to buy a new gpu and im confused gtx 770 4gb from gainward looks great but will it survive next gen games for 4-5 years...resolution never greater than 1080? With quite good graphics settings? (settings are bit less important for last three years i played games 800x600 everything as low as possible on my hd5450)...But those nextgens make me think about waiting for maxwell...but from the other side my current gpu makes me so sick...as for the rest of my rig dont worry im gonna change my i3 550 to some new i5 probably 3750k...my 350w no name psu will be replaced by 600/650w antec...so the rest is fine

Thanks in advance!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx770 4gb 280x 3gb wait maxwell
  1. Patryk Radtke said:
    I'm going to buy a new gpu and im confused gtx 770 4gb from gainward looks great but will it survive next gen games for 4-5 years...resolution never greater than 1080? With quite good graphics settings? (settings are bit less important for last three years i played games 800x600 everything as low as possible on my hd5450)...But those nextgens make me think about waiting for maxwell...but from the other side my current gpu makes me so sick...as for the rest of my rig dont worry im gonna change my i3 550 to some new i5 probably 3750k...my 350w no name psu will be replaced by 600/650w antec...so the rest is fine

    Thanks in advance!


    If your resolution is no greater than 1080p, there is no reason to get more than 2gb of vram. A 2GB GTX 770 will be just fine
  2. And what about cpu? When i look for example on watch dogs recommended cpu im frightened to death...I thought 3750k paired with gtx770 will max out everything for at least one year and now it turns out that it doesnt even get to recommended
  3. Best answer
    Patryk Radtke said:
    And what about cpu? When i look for example on watch dogs recommended cpu im frightened to death...I thought 3750k paired with gtx770 will max out everything for at least one year and now it turns out that it doesnt even get to recommended


    Oh, don't give a damn about those requirements, they're never accurate. Let me tell you a little secret: i5 and i7 are almost the same in gaming, so for $330 you get a killer CPU/motherboard combo:
    i5 4670k ($222): http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54670k
    ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ($110): http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z87extreme4
  4. if i need micro atx one? not to pricey if thats possible
  5. Patryk Radtke said:
    if i need micro atx one? not to pricey if thats possible


    What's your budget for the motherboard?
  6. I dont know...i dont need the absolutely best one...something decent will be enough...lets say 100-150$ cuz in my country pc parts are expensive as hell much more than in usa...i only demand 1150 socket usb 3.0 (at least one) and pcie 3.0 (i dont plan to sli/crossfire)...and i use 2 hhds and want to get ssd
  7. Patryk Radtke said:
    I dont know...i dont need the absolutely best one...something decent will be enough...lets say 100-150$ cuz in my country pc parts are expensive as hell much more than in usa...i only demand 1150 socket usb 3.0 (at least one) and pcie 3.0 (i dont plan to sli/crossfire)...and i use 2 hhds and want to get ssd


    For micro-ATX, the best options are the ASRock Z87M Extreme4, the Asus Z87M-Plus, the Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx GPUs Gainward Graphics