Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this computer build work?

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 15, 2013 12:37:56 PM

Case: NZXT Guardian Blue

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 3.9 GHz

Motherboard: Asus Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboard B85M-G

GPU: Gigabyte GTX780

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 MHz

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX750M Bronze

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Optical Drive: Asus Black 12X

Also, will it run games with optimal graphics at a steady and nice fps rate?

More about : computer build work

Best solution

a c 155 V Motherboard
December 15, 2013 12:48:13 PM

Yes, it will work, bu that motherboard is WAY too low end for this build.

You want a z87 motherboard.

You will easily max all games on this computer. Many parts are overkill.
Share
a b V Motherboard
December 15, 2013 1:02:41 PM

Dragonuave said:
Case: NZXT Guardian Blue

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 3.9 GHz

Motherboard: Asus Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboard B85M-G

GPU: Gigabyte GTX780

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 MHz

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX750M Bronze

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Optical Drive: Asus Black 12X

Also, will it run games with optimal graphics at a steady and nice fps rate?


Very nice, but I would upgrade the motherboard to a full ATX rather than micro as it is the one bad thing that stands out. I don't know if you do any video editing but if you don't I would take out 8GB of RAM and buy a SSD with the money for your OS, that would make the performance alot better than the extra 8GB RAM.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 15, 2013 2:06:02 PM

tiny voices said:
Yes, it will work, bu that motherboard is WAY too low end for this build.

You want a z87 motherboard.

You will easily max all games on this computer. Many parts are overkill.


Thanks for the support, but can you tell me if this motherboard will do me better, and not cause a bottleneck in the computer?

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Intel-6Gbps-Motherboards...

m
0
l
a c 155 V Motherboard
December 15, 2013 2:07:23 PM

The motherboard CAN'T bottleneck. You just don't want a cheap-o board running all these high end components. Motherboards DO NOT affect performance of the computer.

That board you linked is a very good board and will suit you well.
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 2:14:06 PM

tiny voices said:
The motherboard CAN'T bottleneck. You just don't want a cheap-o board running all these high end components. Motherboards DO NOT affect performance of the computer.

That board you linked is a very good board and will suit you well.


Thank you so much, the help was much appreciated. Have a great Christmas and a happy new years :) 
m
0
l
a c 155 V Motherboard
December 15, 2013 2:22:05 PM

Thanks! Always glad to be able to help!
m
0
l
!