Solved

Will GA-970A-UD3P motherboard support an FX6300 out of the box?

Title says it all. Thanks.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 970a ud3p motherboard support fx6300 box
  1. Best answer
    The very first revision of that MB supported the FX-6300 since the first (F1) BIOS.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4717

    So there should be no issue with using the FX-6300 on it.
  2. clutchc said:
    The very first revision of that MB supported the FX-6300 since the first (F1) BIOS.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=4717

    So there should be no issue with using the FX-6300 on it.



    Thanks, I was a little confused because the Gigabyte page said that I would need to update the BIOS to run FX processors but then the downloads page only had the one F1 BIOS version listed so I was thrown a bit thinking that may not be the version included on the board when manufactured.
  3. Hmmm.... where did you see that on the gigabyte webpage? Seems odd they would have that disclaimer for the first rev of a MB that only has one BIOS version offered for it. There isn't a BIOS on that entire page that isn't F1. Odd.
  4. This page right here...

    http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4717#ov


    there is red text saying it needs a BIOS update, but then tabbing over to the downloads page like it suggests only lists the F1 bios
  5. Two different web pages for the same MB. Gigabyte.com and Gigabyte.us
    Both slightly different arrangement of the information. But the end result is that there is no BIOS to upgrade to. Must just be a standard disclaimer that they put on all their websites for AM3+ MBs. Either way, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
  6. Thanks!
  7. clutchc said:
    Two different web pages for the same MB. Gigabyte.com and Gigabyte.us
    Both slightly different arrangement of the information. But the end result is that there is no BIOS to upgrade to. Must just be a standard disclaimer that they put on all their websites for AM3+ MBs. Either way, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.


    Hi , I have just purchased this same mobo today , answered my question too ,but would the supposed Hot Fix be in this Bios ? ,have read every where everyone says we need that ? I`m so confused , been awhile since I have used Amd ,my Cpu is the Fx 6300 , thanks for any help ,..
  8. The Windows hot fix was unnecessary. It still is. Win7 is Piledriver module aware now.
  9. clutchc said:
    The Windows hot fix was unnecessary. It still is. Win7 is Piledriver module aware now.


    okay thanks very much .. cheers
Ask a new question

Read More

Support Motherboards