Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Last PC review before purchase tonight!

Tags:
  • Cases
  • Compatibility
  • Components
  • Intel i5
Last response: in Components
December 15, 2013 2:54:11 PM

Hey guys so i'm trying to purchase this budgeted PC tonight and I need your help on reviewing the components I choose for it, to check the compatibility as to adjust several things if needed before making the purchase.

FYI this is all newegg

Case:CFI Diablo LT CFI-B1010 Black SECC $39.99 (Might change case to cooler master storm trooper)
CPU: I5 4570 (or might switch it to i5 4670K) $199/$239
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB -$79.99
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB $64
PSU & MOBO combo- ASRock Z87 PRO3 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 and GIGABYTE GreenMax Plus GZ-EMS55A-C1 550W -$147 combo price (please help me with the mobo and psu if I needed to change something especially if I switch to i5 4670K)

DVD:ASUS DRW-24B1ST-$19.99

OS:Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM- $99


Total price of $652

Im not sure if I should replace the i5 4570 with the i5 4570K since I might be doing some CPU intensive applications like google sketchup Indego 3D rendering or X-plane10/FSX

For the GPU im trying to save money so I will use the CPU integrated graphics

More about : review purchase tonight

December 15, 2013 3:00:02 PM

Stay with the 4570, the 4670k isnt really worth it. Try to get a gpu soon. Everything else looks good.
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 3:05:28 PM

H4X3R said:
Stay with the 4570, the 4670k isnt really worth it. Try to get a gpu soon. Everything else looks good.


yea but I was considering the 4670K because I do a lot of video editing on vegas 10 as well as Indego rendering on Google sketchup. So I was thinking over-clocking might help me a bit
m
0
l
Related resources
December 15, 2013 3:07:04 PM

Its really not worth the premium that is payed for the 4670k. The 4670k is also a very bad overclocker so you wont get a significant amount of benefit from it.
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 3:19:05 PM

Duh .... what?? Thats so outdated
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 3:23:28 PM

Do you guys think I should use the stock cooler for the CPU which will be the 4570? or should I get the after market? I see no point using the aftermarket if I'm not going to be overclocking or running an AMD CPU. Also what do you call that braclet that you put on your hand to discharge the electric on your hand before you touch the components?
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 3:27:21 PM

Use the stock cooler. The bracelet is called an anti static wrist band amd can be found for about 5 to 10 dollars.
m
0
l
December 15, 2013 3:39:58 PM

This might be my final question or 2nd to final. Should I get the CM Storm Enforcer or CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced white. I was thinking about the CM Storm Enforcer for a longtime until I just saw the CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced white colored which looks a bit better and has more fans.

And I dunno if this rule applies to computer cases but doesn't the gray/black colored case keep the heat trapped inside the case while white colored releases the heat? And the CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced seems to have a dust filter.

or should I still keep the $39 CFI Diablo LT case?
m
0
l

Best solution

December 15, 2013 3:54:50 PM

H4X3R said:
The 4670k is also a very bad overclocker so you wont get a significant amount of benefit from it.

Is that personal experience? Since you've got one at 4.6ghz.

@ cptjosh

When you're not going to overclock you can save some money by buying the next for motherboard and psu,
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2kTZd

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2kTZd/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec Neo Eco 620W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $122.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-15 18:37 EST-0500)

The psu is kind off overkill for now,but is cheap too and might make it easier to go for a stronger gpu.
The next one is a good choice too,
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-hive...
Share
December 16, 2013 12:05:27 AM

Meh. my old 3570k went to 5ghz and still produced less heat.
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 12:08:30 AM

Quote:
This might be my final question or 2nd to final. Should I get the CM Storm Enforcer or CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced white. I was thinking about the CM Storm Enforcer for a longtime until I just saw the CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced white colored which looks a bit better and has more fans.

And I dunno if this rule applies to computer cases but doesn't the gray/black colored case keep the heat trapped inside the case while white colored releases the heat? And the CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced seems to have a dust filter.

or should I still keep the $39 CFI Diablo LT case?


By keep do you mean you have the case or you are planning to buy it. In my opinion, more dust-filters are always better. You save the cost later on on compressed air which is used to clean a case and the components within.
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 2:07:15 AM

H4X3R said:
Meh. my old 3570k went to 5ghz and still produced less heat.

I understand that,but it is also already faster than the 3570K so should be in the same ballpark when it comes to apps/benchmarks and speed.
Also when getting a good one the ts might get higher on less vcore,but that's the luck of the draw and good components like motherboard and cooler as well.

Looking at the next shouldn't the extra speed of about 1ghz help the ts with these kind of programs? (taking the turbo speed of the 4570 into account->might be worth the extra better cooler?)
I thought it should.On the other hand it might just be about a few seconds and not beeing worth it if someone is not a professional.(just pondering now)

cptjosh said:

Im not sure if I should replace the i5 4570 with the i5 4570K since I might be doing some CPU intensive applications like google sketchup Indego 3D rendering or X-plane10/FSX




m
0
l
December 16, 2013 2:09:02 AM

Nah. Trust me. Go for the 4570.
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 2:09:03 AM

Nah. Trust me. Go for the 4570.
m
0
l