Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PC wont boot after sleep mode HELP ASAP PLEASE!

Last response: in Components
Share
December 16, 2013 1:50:23 AM

I put my PC on sleep mode a few days back, and it kept turning itself back on during the middle of the night, so I eventually pulled the plug on it, after turning the PSU off. Now It wont boot back up at all, i've tried turning the PSU on/off for 30 secs, disconnecting from the mains, changing the socket fuse, I don't know what else to do, please help!
December 16, 2013 1:58:43 AM

Many boards have a little light that lights up when there's any power going to them (including standby, which is there when your computer is plugged in but not turned on). Is that lit?

Do the fans start?
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 2:33:34 AM

Someone Somewhere said:
Many boards have a little light that lights up when there's any power going to them (including standby, which is there when your computer is plugged in but not turned on). Is that lit?

Do the fans start?


The fans don't start, there are no lights on my Mobo, it's probably important to mention, my front case lights and my fan light were flashing after I put my PC on sleep, however when I pulled the power they went off, and wont start flashing again.

m
0
l
Related resources
December 16, 2013 2:40:06 AM

Flashing usually just means that it's asleep. It's normal.

Do you have a voltmeter/multimeter?
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 2:51:34 AM

Someone Somewhere said:
Flashing usually just means that it's asleep. It's normal.

Do you have a voltmeter/multimeter?


They don't flash anymore, there is no power going to the PC at all.
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 2:54:24 AM

Are you sure? How do you know it's not just that the MB refuses to start the PSU?
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 3:00:17 AM

Someone Somewhere said:
Are you sure? How do you know it's not just that the MB refuses to start the PSU?


I will double check when I get back to my house, I'll inform you later!
m
0
l
!