Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Build for CPU heavy games + streaming

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 16, 2013 9:31:29 AM

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA DirectCU II OC, with Assassin's Creed IV, Splinter Cell, Batman Arkham Origins

RAM/Memory: Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 16GB KIT 16GB kit (8GBx2), Sport,1600MHz, 1.5V, CL9-9-9-24

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Fans: 1x 140mm Front, 1x 140mm Bak, Silenced, ATX, mATX, mITX, USB 3.0

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Socket-LGA1150, Quad Core, 3.5GHz, 8MB, 84W, HD4600, Boxed w/fan, Haswell

Microsoft Windows 8.1 English 64-bit, OEM

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming, Socket-1150 ATX, Z87, DDR3, 3xPCIe-x16, SLI/CFX, VGA,HDMI,DP,Killer 2200,SB Cinema, Haswell

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler Socket 2011, 300~1300 RPM, 63.4~110.3 m³/h, 12,6~19,8 dBA

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB BK OEM Basic KIT, 540/520MB/s read/write, Samsung MEX controller

HDD: Seagate Barracuda® 3TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5"

Additionally, provided a good PSU, will this build be awesome for CPU heavy games + streaming such as World of Warcraft? thank you.

More about : build cpu heavy games streaming

December 16, 2013 9:37:03 AM

Yes! If that doesn't do it, then there is no hope for 99% of the systems out there! :) 
m
0
l
a c 902 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 9:55:28 AM

Since the bitcoin miners are buying every high end AMD gpu they can right now, I would say the 780 is your best bet. I would have recommended an R9 290 otherwise.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 16, 2013 10:47:08 AM

logainofhades said:
Since the bitcoin miners are buying every high end AMD gpu they can right now, I would say the 780 is your best bet. I would have recommended an R9 290 otherwise.


Do you think it's worth waiting for the new maxwell series or can I just as good buy a 780?
m
0
l
a c 902 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 10:49:53 AM

Considering I can play WoW on ultra with my 3570k and HD 7970, you will do fine with that setup. What is your budget for this system?
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 10:57:22 AM

logainofhades said:
Considering I can play WoW on ultra with my 3570k and HD 7970, you will do fine with that setup. What is your budget for this system?


roughly $2500 for only the computer, discluding monitors & keyboard, however i live in norway aka expensive as shit so i wont get the deals from newegg and such
m
0
l
a c 902 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 11:09:21 AM

For PSU, you could go with something from Corsair, Seasonic, XFX in the 800-850w range to give yourself some headroom in case you decide to SLI that 780. If you can find an R9 290 or 290x for less in your area, I would get that as they are both faster than a 780. I would probably go with an Asrock Z87 extreme4 over that MSI board also.
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 11:37:31 AM

logainofhades said:
For PSU, you could go with something from Corsair, Seasonic, XFX in the 800-850w range to give yourself some headroom in case you decide to SLI that 780. If you can find an R9 290 or 290x for less in your area, I would get that as they are both faster than a 780. I would probably go with an Asrock Z87 extreme4 over that MSI board also.


What differs the Asrock from the MSi one? additionally, r9 290/290x is cheaper than 780 here, but according to sources you need an aftermarket cooler to keep a quiet build..
m
0
l
a c 902 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 11:40:58 AM

RequiringAssistance said:
logainofhades said:
For PSU, you could go with something from Corsair, Seasonic, XFX in the 800-850w range to give yourself some headroom in case you decide to SLI that 780. If you can find an R9 290 or 290x for less in your area, I would get that as they are both faster than a 780. I would probably go with an Asrock Z87 extreme4 over that MSI board also.


What differs the Asrock from the MSi one? additionally, r9 290/290x is cheaper than 780 here, but according to sources you need an aftermarket cooler to keep a quiet build..


http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z87-express-motherb...
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 11:46:14 AM

logainofhades said:
RequiringAssistance said:
logainofhades said:
For PSU, you could go with something from Corsair, Seasonic, XFX in the 800-850w range to give yourself some headroom in case you decide to SLI that 780. If you can find an R9 290 or 290x for less in your area, I would get that as they are both faster than a 780. I would probably go with an Asrock Z87 extreme4 over that MSI board also.


What differs the Asrock from the MSi one? additionally, r9 290/290x is cheaper than 780 here, but according to sources you need an aftermarket cooler to keep a quiet build..


http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z87-express-motherb...


what about the R9 and its aftermarket cooler needs
m
0
l
a c 902 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 11:48:50 AM

To keep it quiet, supposedly, yes aftermarket cooler is best. We should be seeing cards soon from vendors with their own cooling solutions.
m
0
l
December 16, 2013 11:52:33 AM

logainofhades said:
To keep it quiet, supposedly, yes aftermarket cooler is best. We should be seeing cards soon from vendors with their own cooling solutions.


when do you think? i dont want to wait to long
m
0
l
a c 96 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 12:00:49 PM

I think you'll be fine with the 780 its not going to stop you from doing whatever you want to do with that computer. I think you'll be fine streaming with that rig.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 902 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 12:03:14 PM

RequiringAssistance said:
logainofhades said:
To keep it quiet, supposedly, yes aftermarket cooler is best. We should be seeing cards soon from vendors with their own cooling solutions.


when do you think? i dont want to wait to long


This is the best I can give you on timing. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/amd-radeon-r9-290-custom-...
Share
December 16, 2013 12:51:46 PM

logainofhades said:
RequiringAssistance said:
logainofhades said:
To keep it quiet, supposedly, yes aftermarket cooler is best. We should be seeing cards soon from vendors with their own cooling solutions.


when do you think? i dont want to wait to long


This is the best I can give you on timing. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/amd-radeon-r9-290-custom-...

how much better is the r9 290/x than the 780 btw?
m
0
l
a c 902 à CPUs
December 16, 2013 1:01:05 PM

It isn't extremely faster, but in some titles it can even trades blows with Titan. The R9 290's biggest advantage is in price.
m
0
l
!