Solved

7870 poor BF4 performance

my video card is sapphire 7870 ghz. processor is fx-8320. I have bf4 on low settings 1080p. vsync off and i will sometimes get down to 45 fps in large areas. in small areas like rooms, i get in the 100s. i tried setting resolution down to 1280x720 and still got minimum of 45 fps. i have the 13.11 drivers. anyone know why my performance is so bad
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7870 poor bf4 performance
  1. That's actually pretty good for that card tbh. 30 fps is playable without tears or lag, but 45 is pretty decent. If you want better performance, you might have to upgrade.

If you look at this chart, you performance is about the same. http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-beta-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/

Edit: Hey, sorry for the chart, it happens to be a chart testing at max settings. Im not sure about the performance increase from high to low.
  2. HeptTech said:
    That's actually pretty good for that card tbh. 30 fps is playable without tears or lag, but 45 is pretty decent. If you want better performance, you might have to upgrade.

If you look at this chart, you performance is about the same. http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-beta-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/

Ya, but that was at maximum quality settings and mine is at minimum.
  3. yea sorry about that, i tried researching for the low settings benchmarks, but its pretty hard to come by. Is the gameplay unplayable to you?
  4. HeptTech said:
    yea sorry about that, i tried researching for the low settings benchmarks, but its pretty hard to come by. Is the gameplay unplayable to you?

well most of the time, it stays above 60. however, occasionally it drops down to 45 like i said earlier. one of the worst spots is on the rooftops in flood zone. it is definitely playable but i think my card should perform better. maybe not though.
  5. Best answer
    You could check your GPU temp, if it becomes too hot it may throttle...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards FPS Graphics