Solved

FX4100 overclocking to 3.9ghz

i've never tried overclocking before but i want my FX 4100 at 3.9ghz whats the easiest way to do it? (with a stock cooler if possible)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fx4100 overclocking 9ghz
  1. if you really hate your processor that much feel free to just stick it in the oven and watch it melt... you need aftermarket cooling to do any real OCing.


    However with that small of an OC only 300 mzh it wouldn't take a massive cooler to get the job done. I think you might could even just raise the multi to get it to 3.9 ghz, and possibly bump vcore a tiny bit if it won't boot.
  2. Supahos said:
    if you really hate your processor that much feel free to just stick it in the oven and watch it melt... you need aftermarket cooling to do any real OCing.

    I don't hate it at all its great i just heard its good at overclocking and thought it could get a easy boost.
  3. Best answer
    You can easily hit 3.9 with the stock cooler. I would say about 4-4.1 is about the limit since youll most likely have to raise the vcore a hair creating more heat
  4. 06yfz450ridr said:
    You can easily hit 3.9 with the stock cooler. I would say about 4-4.1 is about the limit since youll most likely have to raise the vcore a hair creating more heat


    Not even going to ask about his current temps? braver than I!
  5. Supahos said:
    06yfz450ridr said:
    You can easily hit 3.9 with the stock cooler. I would say about 4-4.1 is about the limit since youll most likely have to raise the vcore a hair creating more heat


    Not even going to ask about his current temps? braver than I!


    currently my rig never goes above 42 degrees :/
  6. The FX 4000 series chips should all be able to hit 4ghz on stock cooling. They are not that power hungry nor do they run particularly hot. You might be able to do 3.9 by just turning up the multiplier.
  7. Supahos said:
    06yfz450ridr said:
    You can easily hit 3.9 with the stock cooler. I would say about 4-4.1 is about the limit since youll most likely have to raise the vcore a hair creating more heat


    Not even going to ask about his current temps? braver than I!


    Ive seen a number of posts on the quad cores they dont get nearly as hot as the 8 cores on the cooler they provide. You can get decent overclocks on the stock cooler but i still wouldnt use the stock cooler in the long run.

    As long as theres and intake and exhaust fan it cant be to bad
  8. I don't use stock cooler for stock settings, let alone overclock. So I'm with you there, but at least it's an option. Not everyone is a heatsink snob like we are.
  9. tahstylo said:
    i've never tried overclocking before but i want my FX 4100 at 3.9ghz whats the easiest way to do it? (with a stock cooler if possible)


    i got mine up to 4,2ghz just by using multiplier in bios no voltage tweek at all but yes u will need an aftermarket cool im using antec 620 an my cpu sits about 32 idle 42 playing bf4
  10. Sy Ferris said:
    tahstylo said:
    i've never tried overclocking before but i want my FX 4100 at 3.9ghz whats the easiest way to do it? (with a stock cooler if possible)


    i got mine up to 4,2ghz just by using multiplier in bios no voltage tweek at all but yes u will need an aftermarket cool im using antec 620 an my cpu sits about 32 idle 42 playing bf4


    wish mine was near that haha i run @ 80+ cpu usage in bf4 I literally turn my heat off
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Cooling CPUs