Solved

Best 600 Gaming Pc build

What is the best possible computer I can get for 600 dollars. I want High (If possible) Settings in the newest and next-gen games like Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Bioshock: Infinite, ect. And maybe some 2k textures in Skyrim. I know this might be a challenge. I already have the peripherals and OS that I need. I have a 720p Monitor but I would also really love to run these on my 1080p Flat screen, but I know some sacrifices need to be made for this super strict budget.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 600 gaming build
  1. Best answer
    Hey man!

    This PC can easily handle most new games on Ultra 1080p, and you can always tune down the Graphics settings to get better performance, here are the parts and the links to them :)

    AMD Athlon X4 750K CPU: http://goo.gl/RkUcEn

    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Motherboard: http://goo.gl/WCCjN2

    2GB Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card: http://goo.gl/2sCSdP

    8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM: http://goo.gl/1JmAv6

    1TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drive: http://goo.gl/gCKgyq

    500W Corsair CX500 Power Supply: http://goo.gl/cj2EoT

    Rosewill Line-M Case: http://goo.gl/Mw8bMq


    Hope this helps!

    ~Sevenater
  2. Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention I already have a hard drive. And I already have the processor, so I will keep it, but still keep its place in the budget. So if I take out the HDD and put the extra money for a GPU, what should I get?
  3. That's around $100, so maybe go for the 770? It's what I have and it's phenomenal. It might run you a little more than 300, but it's totally worth it.
  4. This is better. The cpu on his build is quite weak. His has a faster GPU, but this comes with the faster cpu (very important) and two games.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($150.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $606.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-17 18:29 EST-0500)

    And it's in a convenient pcpartpicker format
  5. I do like the build, but myself personally, have had past issues with the i3's. Even the Haswells never seemed to be that great.
  6. TylerSharkey said:
    I do like the build, but myself personally, have had past issues with the i3's. Even the Haswells never seemed to be that great.


    When you are going for best budget PC, you really have to go with AMD, they have some great processors, and when it comes down the the i3's, it's usually not worth spending that much when you could get a really nice AMD processor, and for gaming, the CPU is NOT the main part of your build, unless you play games that go on really long or turn based games like CIV 5, but that wasn't in your list. Intel is great, but budget-performance gaming, go with the AMD processor.

    Hope this helps!

    ~Sevenater
  7. Thanks man, so how good is the 270x?
  8. TylerSharkey said:
    Thanks man, so how good is the 270x?


    It's really nice, the R9 series GPU's are kicking ass right now. It's almost at par if not on the level of a 760. And for a little cheaper it's a great deal. It can run pretty much all the new games on ultra with decent FPS, but obviously you can go down to high or medium to ramp up FPS, the games will still look great.
  9. Sevenater said:
    TylerSharkey said:
    Thanks man, so how good is the 270x?


    It's really nice, the R9 series GPU's are kicking ass right now. It's almost at par if not on the level of a 760. And for a little cheaper it's a great deal. It can run pretty much all the new games on ultra with decent FPS, but obviously you can go down to high or medium to ramp up FPS, the games will still look great.


    Isnt those series have heat trouble problems? Fans not being good enough?
  10. MDXX said:
    Sevenater said:
    TylerSharkey said:
    Thanks man, so how good is the 270x?


    It's really nice, the R9 series GPU's are kicking ass right now. It's almost at par if not on the level of a 760. And for a little cheaper it's a great deal. It can run pretty much all the new games on ultra with decent FPS, but obviously you can go down to high or medium to ramp up FPS, the games will still look great.


    Isnt those series have heat trouble problems? Fans not being good enough?


    Correct, mostly the290 and 290x have been getting really hot, but that is with the one fan setup, if you get a Windforce or TwinFrozr design, you should be good.
  11. Cant go wrong with the TwinFrozr
  12. MDXX said:
    Cant go wrong with the TwinFrozr


    Too true man.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Build Systems