MSI GTX 760 OC Problem

Hey! I bought a new MSI GTX 760 OC edition gpu and now i have problems. When i start my pc up all the animations are not working and everything are going like frame by frame. And the programs are working also like that. And videos. Everything! I have tryed installing drivers over and over again but it doesent help at all. I also asked from the nvidia help but it didnt help. I hope if you could help me. Im desperate whit this becouce it has been going one for many days and i cant use my pc. And i also got a error that said that something is out of thread or something. Thx!
11 answers Last reply
More about msi gtx 760 problem
  1. Be safe, and replace it, places like newegg will let you replace within 30 days, that will solved, definaately not DOA, but almost; seems faulty. If you can't send it back in, envoke, warrenty.
  2. What does doa mean? So u thik that the gpu would be broken?:(
  3. Yes, it sounds like a fault, sorry,the only way to fix it is to replace. The rate of getting a faluty gpu is 2%, so just sound like you got unlucky :/
  4. well when you installed the card and booted it to the desktop for the first time on the windows defult drivers did it work then or only after you installed the drivers and the crapware that comes with it ??
  5. windows defult driver wount do any heavy stuff but should get you around to see if any issues show up. try some less intence things
  6. SethS said:
    Yes, it sounds like a fault, sorry,the only way to fix it is to replace. The rate of getting a faluty gpu is 2%, so just sound like you got unlucky :/

    Thx for ur answers! But i unblugged the gpu of the motherboard and i have the dirvers installed and now at the first attempt it looks like it works again.:D but i think when i start it again up it fails me again...:(
  7. MrPaulig11 said:
    SethS said:
    Yes, it sounds like a fault, sorry,the only way to fix it is to replace. The rate of getting a faluty gpu is 2%, so just sound like you got unlucky :/

    Thx for ur answers! But i unblugged the gpu of the motherboard and i have the dirvers installed and now at the first attempt it looks like it works again.:D but i think when i start it again up it fails me again...:(


    BTW DOA means:
    Damaged on arrival
  8. junkeymonkey said:
    windows defult driver wount do any heavy stuff but should get you around to see if any issues show up. try some less intence things


    it works with the default drivers that come with the gpu but when i install the newer nvidia drivers it starts the lagg. and i was thinking that would this mean that the gpu does not get enough electricity?
  9. D.O.A. has always meant Dead On Arrival.

    Your graphics card is displaying the classic signs of being defective.

    If the card is still within your vendor's free exchange period then go that route. Otherwise you will have to RMA the product with MSI.
  10. it works with the default drivers that come with the gpu but when i install the newer nvidia drivers it starts the lagg ... a bad card would not work no mater what driver is there.. works good on the old driver but not te newer one i see some folks trying the 331.65 and having some issues here and there.. you may try another driver or just stick with the one your useing that works intell somthing comes out thats better...
  11. i could not help mrpaulig with this issue and he can use any input more on this.. thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Graphics Cards Components MSI-Microstar