Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

BF4 Settings for my rig?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 18, 2013 7:42:49 AM

On what settings can i run BF4?
Specs:
GPU: R9 280x TOXIC 3GB
CPU: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 1TB
OS: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU ain't overclocked. Same for the GPU. So.. what settings for me?

More about : bf4 settings rig

a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 7:47:01 AM

I alway play on low, i have a r9 270x, and you have a r9 280X. You would get above 60 FPS on ultra, since thats what i get. I also get 200 fps, on low, so just explect pretty good on ultra. I play on low, beccause i like how the max fps feels.
m
0
l
December 18, 2013 7:49:22 AM

SethS said:
I alway play on low, i have a r9 270x, and you have a r9 280X. You would get above 60 FPS on ultra, since thats what i get. I also get 200 fps, on low, so just explect pretty good on ultra. I play on low, beccause i like how the max fps feels.

200 FPS. Really? why dont you just play medium/high?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 7:51:17 AM

GamerMT said:
SethS said:
I alway play on low, i have a r9 270x, and you have a r9 280X. You would get above 60 FPS on ultra, since thats what i get. I also get 200 fps, on low, so just explect pretty good on ultra. I play on low, beccause i like how the max fps feels.

200 FPS. Really? why dont you just play medium/high?


The higher you go up on graphics, the suppression and fov, gets very blurry, and will get a fps, drop occasionally. I just am in preferace to max fps.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 18, 2013 7:51:18 AM

If you like the graphics then mixed setting of ultra and high with disabled AA will be best optimized for your system and will get you around 60-70fps. But as SethS said, i also play BF3 and BF4 ob lowest setting at 1080p, because i don't care much about graphics, instead i want more frames and be more agile on the field.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 7:51:58 AM

My i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz and 7970 at 1150/1600 gets between 55 - 90fps on ultra at 1080p on BF4. It's quite CPU intensive, so I'd imagine you might drop down to 45, but if you're happy with that just stick it on ultra.
m
0
l
December 18, 2013 7:57:10 AM

SethS said:
GamerMT said:
SethS said:
I alway play on low, i have a r9 270x, and you have a r9 280X. You would get above 60 FPS on ultra, since thats what i get. I also get 200 fps, on low, so just explect pretty good on ultra. I play on low, beccause i like how the max fps feels.

200 FPS. Really? why dont you just play medium/high?


The higher you go up on graphics, the suppression and fov, gets very blurry, and will get a fps, drop occasionally. I just am in preferace to max fps.


I know but if i get above 60 FPS , and you have a R9 270x so maybe like 50 FPS on Ultra, don't you get above 60 FPS easily? and i heard that 60 FPS = Real time gameplay (no lag, no stutters etc.)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 7:59:55 AM

GamerMT said:
SethS said:
GamerMT said:
SethS said:
I alway play on low, i have a r9 270x, and you have a r9 280X. You would get above 60 FPS on ultra, since thats what i get. I also get 200 fps, on low, so just explect pretty good on ultra. I play on low, beccause i like how the max fps feels.

200 FPS. Really? why dont you just play medium/high?


The higher you go up on graphics, the suppression and fov, gets very blurry, and will get a fps, drop occasionally. I just am in preferace to max fps.


I know but if i get above 60 FPS , and you have a R9 270x so maybe like 50 FPS on Ultra, don't you get above 60 FPS easily? and i heard that 60 FPS = Real time gameplay (no lag, no stutters etc.)


It sticks to around 50-60 fps, but feels jerky. Also when you get on a match like op. locker tdm w/ 64 players, there are explosions everywhere on a tiny map, and unending onslaught, fps drops rappidly. 60 fps is not locked unless you get above, and lock vsinc
m
0
l
December 18, 2013 8:10:44 AM

Oh.. Well i had alot of problems with my previous GTX 650. Even on low , i runned a test. On base i had like 81 FPS (still felt stutter) and in battle i felt like having 10 FPS. This was with EVERY setting. Damn happy i got a R9 280x now. Everything above 40 is playable for me. So.. What settings if i want to get at least 40 FPS in heavy battles?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 8:12:06 AM

GamerMT said:
Oh.. Well i had alot of problems with my previous GTX 650. Even on low , i runned a test. On base i had like 81 FPS (still felt stutter) and in battle i felt like having 10 FPS. This was with EVERY setting. Damn happy i got a R9 280x now. Everything above 40 is playable for me. So.. What settings if i want to get at least 40 FPS in heavy battles?


Well, if its a large map/gamemode ultra wold be fine, but hight would be better if you want to mantain fps.
Share
December 18, 2013 8:16:07 AM

SethS said:
GamerMT said:
Oh.. Well i had alot of problems with my previous GTX 650. Even on low , i runned a test. On base i had like 81 FPS (still felt stutter) and in battle i felt like having 10 FPS. This was with EVERY setting. Damn happy i got a R9 280x now. Everything above 40 is playable for me. So.. What settings if i want to get at least 40 FPS in heavy battles?


Well, if its a large map/gamemode ultra wold be fine, but hight would be better if you want to mantain fps.

I saw on youtube that the difference between High and Ultra incredibly low. Only difference was some textures on rocks and other small, unnecessary things. But what FPS do i get on High then? My last question :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2013 8:17:46 AM

about 10-15 more for me
m
0
l
December 18, 2013 8:20:50 AM

70-75 FPS? Awesome!
m
0
l
!