FX 8350 vs i5-4670k on GTX 770

Spbach

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I have scoured the internet of all possible benchmarks, explanations, and opinions on each. What I want to do is game with current and future FPS's like Battlefield 4 and RPG's that aren't too intensive. I don't plan on overclocking, and futureproofing isn't a huge concern for me. As of now, I'm leaning toward the i5

Solution
I have different take. I say 4670k if your overclocking. 8350 if your going stock.

The gaming question has always been more complicated than people give it credit for. The FX really does well in a lot of real world gaming situations. Especially streaming.

However, overclocking past 4.2 ghz brings FX power consumption to point I'm not comfortable with. That's the point where I think the I5 and I7 really shine.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Well if you have no plans to OC you can get the 4670 (non K version) save a few bucks there, and save a few more by buying a B85 chipset instead of a Z87 one and by the time you do that the price difference between the intel and AMD will be smaller if you're considering the 8350. Additionally the I5 tends to beat the 8350 when both are stock speed, I would go that route if it is in your budget.

Spbach

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I'ts only about a $10 difference, and I'll be using the Microcenter discount for the CPU/Mobo combo of $30, so price is negligible.

bosaile

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
4670 deff, intel will always come out on top even a i3 single core performance is better than 8350. i have the 6300 in my pc and its single core is better than 8300's. the 8 cores are better for rendering and video editing and multitasking stuff. almost all games dont even utilize all cpu cores.
with intel you will get better results, power consumption is a plus to, amd's are power hogs. i love amd stuff for being cheap but intel is where its at

I have different take. I say 4670k if your overclocking. 8350 if your going stock.

The gaming question has always been more complicated than people give it credit for. The FX really does well in a lot of real world gaming situations. Especially streaming.

However, overclocking past 4.2 ghz brings FX power consumption to point I'm not comfortable with. That's the point where I think the I5 and I7 really shine.

Solution