Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Motorola SBG6580 Port Forwarding Will Not Work

Tags:
  • Port Forwarding
  • Motorola
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
December 18, 2013 7:44:11 PM

Hello, I have a Motorola SBG6580, and I host private servers for my friends and I. I used to be able to correctly port forward, but now, i seems to not work. I believe this is because of a recent update, which changed the Port Forwarding Page. It used to have normal port forwarding options, but now, it looks like this: http://imgur.com/cIGZaOb I don't know what to do with the Remote Host Address section. My ports can't be seen on www.canyouseeme.org

More about : motorola sbg6580 port forwarding work

December 20, 2013 9:19:42 AM

bump?
m
0
l

Best solution

January 27, 2014 7:11:21 AM

I wanted to pass this along in case you are still plagued by it. I beat my head on this for about 3 days before finding this:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiF...

Apparently you must set a Port Forward of 0.0.0.0 , set the port range to whatever you need (for 1 port same number in stard and end) click enable and it is supposed to fix it.

I have locked myself out of the cable modem I was trying to fix (remotely) so if you could try this and post back if it works, I'd like to know. I have been trying to simply enable remote web access of another router's admin pages behind the SBG6580, but could never get it to function. I found the 0.0.0.0 solution after I'd already locked myself out of the router.
Share
Related resources
February 2, 2014 4:41:25 PM

searcherrr said:
I wanted to pass this along in case you are still plagued by it. I beat my head on this for about 3 days before finding this:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiF...

Apparently you must set a Port Forward of 0.0.0.0 , set the port range to whatever you need (for 1 port same number in stard and end) click enable and it is supposed to fix it.

I have locked myself out of the cable modem I was trying to fix (remotely) so if you could try this and post back if it works, I'd like to know. I have been trying to simply enable remote web access of another router's admin pages behind the SBG6580, but could never get it to function. I found the 0.0.0.0 solution after I'd already locked myself out of the router.


THANK YOU SO MUCH I CAN FINALLY HOST FOR MY FRIENDS AND I
m
0
l
May 19, 2014 8:44:39 PM

Catphamileez said:
searcherrr said:
I wanted to pass this along in case you are still plagued by it. I beat my head on this for about 3 days before finding this:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiF...

Apparently you must set a Port Forward of 0.0.0.0 , set the port range to whatever you need (for 1 port same number in stard and end) click enable and it is supposed to fix it.

I have locked myself out of the cable modem I was trying to fix (remotely) so if you could try this and post back if it works, I'd like to know. I have been trying to simply enable remote web access of another router's admin pages behind the SBG6580, but could never get it to function. I found the 0.0.0.0 solution after I'd already locked myself out of the router.


THANK YOU SO MUCH I CAN FINALLY HOST FOR MY FRIENDS AND I


I know its a long shot and you probably wont see this, but I'm assuming you set the remote to 0.0.0.0 sine you cannot change the Internal IP address other than the last 2 digit. So, would I have my local 192.168.0.1 and my start and end for internal and then 0.0.0.0 for external with my start and end for forwarding?

Thanks

m
1
l
May 29, 2014 10:11:37 PM

just want to thank whomever provided the answer.... worked like a charm.
m
0
l
June 21, 2014 2:19:40 PM

Catphamileez said:
Hello, I have a Motorola SBG6580, and I host private servers for my friends and I. I used to be able to correctly port forward, but now, i seems to not work. I believe this is because of a recent update, which changed the Port Forwarding Page. It used to have normal port forwarding options, but now, it looks like this: http://imgur.com/cIGZaOb I don't know what to do with the Remote Host Address section. My ports can't be seen on www.canyouseeme.org


The external ip is already set to 0.0.0.0 by default. So what did you change to fix the problem?
m
0
l
June 21, 2014 2:42:33 PM

Hi guys, I don't understand how this worked for catphamileez. He already had is internal ip entered, and ports all entered correctly with external ip's set at 0.0.0.0 which are already set to zeros by default. So what needs to be changed to get the forwarding to work? I have the same problem and don't see what he changed to get it to work as the external ip is already set to zeros? Please advise,

Thank you!
m
0
l
August 26, 2014 5:39:17 PM

Chrisk619 said:
Hi guys, I don't understand how this worked for catphamileez. He already had is internal ip entered, and ports all entered correctly with external ip's set at 0.0.0.0 which are already set to zeros by default. So what needs to be changed to get the forwarding to work? I have the same problem and don't see what he changed to get it to work as the external ip is already set to zeros? Please advise,

Thank you!


There is nothing changed. After spending more than one hour trying to make port forward work, I was about to give up when I notice that I did not changed the ENABLE to YES, it was set to NO. Changed to ENABLE "YES" and worked like a charm!!!!
m
0
l
July 31, 2015 12:27:22 PM

Nothing worked and I tried 7 times already. 0.0.0.0 doesn't work either
m
0
l
October 13, 2015 11:58:13 AM

Worked for me (after trying everything else)!!! THANKS!!!
m
0
l
October 18, 2015 9:51:36 AM

I found a one line piece in the SGB6580 online manual that was critical to getting port forwarding to work: the firewall must be set to "low" for port forwarding to work. Setting it to medium or high will disable port forwarding capability.

Obviously, it will also work with the firewall off, but this is a really bad idea.
m
0
l
December 20, 2015 10:01:34 AM

searcherrr said:
I wanted to pass this along in case you are still plagued by it. I beat my head on this for about 3 days before finding this:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiF...

Apparently you must set a Port Forward of 0.0.0.0 , set the port range to whatever you need (for 1 port same number in stard and end) click enable and it is supposed to fix it.

I have locked myself out of the cable modem I was trying to fix (remotely) so if you could try this and post back if it works, I'd like to know. I have been trying to simply enable remote web access of another router's admin pages behind the SBG6580, but could never get it to function. I found the 0.0.0.0 solution after I'd already locked myself out of the router.


Omg, using 0.0.0.0 rather than the real IP works.. Spent quite some time and energy trying to troubleshoot this using nmap and other port checkers with some confusing results. I could communicate with my server using external IP from inside the LAN, but not from the outside. I was almost convinced that TWC (my dear ISP) was blocking the port.

m
0
l