Solved

$1500 build, in need of some feedback

This is the build that I've made: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vault/saved/3a8f

Few questions:

- Since I'll be playing on 1080p, should I get the GTX 760, GTX 770, or GTX 780? The most graphically-intensive game I play is Battlefield 4.
- I have absolutely no idea which motherboard I should get, please help me out.
- Are there any other problems with the build?

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1500 build feedback
  1. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($222.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($88.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1397.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-19 19:19 EST-0500)
  2. Francisco Costa said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($222.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($88.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1397.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-19 19:19 EST-0500)


    That looks like a solid build but I didn't see an optical drive. Otherwise I say go for it!
  3. g-unit1111 said:
    Francisco Costa said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($222.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($88.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1397.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-19 19:19 EST-0500)


    That looks like a solid build but I didn't see an optical drive. Otherwise I say go for it!


    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($222.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($88.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($87.97 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1414.84
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-19 20:05 EST-0500)

    Better? :D
  4. How about this motherboard? It's slightly less expensive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131981

    Also, is going with the 780 worth the money since I'll be playing on 1080p and the most intensive game I play is Battlefield 4?
  5. Feriscool said:
    How about this motherboard? It's slightly less expensive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131981

    Also, is going with the 780 worth the money since I'll be playing on 1080p and the most intensive game I play is Battlefield 4?


    Better board, same price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157369

    And yes BF4 takes full advantage of the GTX 780.
  6. Feriscool said:
    How about this motherboard? It's slightly less expensive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131981

    Also, is going with the 780 worth the money since I'll be playing on 1080p and the most intensive game I play is Battlefield 4?


    Get the ASRock Extreme4, better than the Z87-A, and cheaper: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z87extreme4
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Build Systems