Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mini-ITX build let me know what you think.

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 19, 2013 6:20:18 PM

Build to be small quiet and decent for games. Let me know what you think. I know the SSD is sata 3 but I got it brand new 160gb for $50 couldn't pass it up.

Case- BitFenix Prodigy Black Mini ITX
Psu- Corsair TX650 V2
Motherboard- Asrock B85M-ITX
Gpu- PowerColor R9 270X Devil
SSD- Intel X25-M 160GB----I know its older but its a new old stock ssd. Why not use what we have.
HHD- Segate Barracuda 7200.1 500GB SATA 3
Ram- Team Extreme 2x4GB PC-1333
Cooler- Coolermaster Selidon 120V
Cpu- I5 4570

More about : mini itx build

December 19, 2013 6:59:44 PM

It's decent. Did you already buy it?
If not:
-Since you're not overclocking, you can drop the cpu cooler and stick with stock cooler. It may not perform as well, but it does what it is supposed to do and it's free.
-You can drop the processor to an i5-4430/4440 (whichever is cheaper). They will perform the same because the small difference in speed is negligible. You won't notice a performance decrease but you will notice the extra money in your pocket.
-Try to aim for RAM rated at 1600mhz, 1.5v, and CAS9. Those are the standard ratings for RAM. If a set of RAM can't take 1600mhz at 1.5v, it's pretty weak.
-If you're in the U.S, you can get this psu at a cheaper price: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650snlb...
-And then used all of the saved money and try to invest into a GTX 760.
m
0
l
December 20, 2013 8:46:06 AM

realchaos said:
It's decent. Did you already buy it?
If not:
-Since you're not overclocking, you can drop the cpu cooler and stick with stock cooler. It may not perform as well, but it does what it is supposed to do and it's free.
-You can drop the processor to an i5-4430/4440 (whichever is cheaper). They will perform the same because the small difference in speed is negligible. You won't notice a performance decrease but you will notice the extra money in your pocket.
-Try to aim for RAM rated at 1600mhz, 1.5v, and CAS9. Those are the standard ratings for RAM. If a set of RAM can't take 1600mhz at 1.5v, it's pretty weak.
-If you're in the U.S, you can get this psu at a cheaper price: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650snlb...
-And then used all of the saved money and try to invest into a GTX 760.


If I'm not mistaken I though the 270x was a better choice over the gtx 760 right now. The version that I am looking at is highly overclocked. The only parts of this pc that I have not already bought are the cpu and gpu. Also I got these other parts cheap so I am not going to change them.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 20, 2013 10:30:48 AM

Oh okay. The parts are good if you got them cheap.
But since you haven't bought the processor and gpu, I would suggest grabbing the i5-4430 to save some money.
Also, the 270X is a good gpu for the price, but it is definitely not stronger than a GTX 760.
m
0
l
December 20, 2013 8:36:31 PM

realchaos said:
Oh okay. The parts are good if you got them cheap.
But since you haven't bought the processor and gpu, I would suggest grabbing the i5-4430 to save some money.
Also, the 270X is a good gpu for the price, but it is definitely not stronger than a GTX 760.


I've used a Superclocked EVGA gts 760 and I have to say personally I was not impressed at all with it.
m
0
l
December 20, 2013 10:12:17 PM

So you used an EVGA GTX 760? And you weren't impressed with it? Then you'll be disappointed with the R9-270X because the 270X is just a rebranded Radeon HD 7870, which is right under the Radeon HD 7950. The GTX 760 out-performs the 7950 so it's much better than a R9-270X.
Why did you not like the GTX 760? It's a great card that can max out a lot of games and even get med-high on the higher end games.
m
0
l
December 21, 2013 3:39:47 PM

realchaos said:
So you used an EVGA GTX 760? And you weren't impressed with it? Then you'll be disappointed with the R9-270X because the 270X is just a rebranded Radeon HD 7870, which is right under the Radeon HD 7950. The GTX 760 out-performs the 7950 so it's much better than a R9-270X.
Why did you not like the GTX 760? It's a great card that can max out a lot of games and even get med-high on the higher end games.


Just didn't like it, its a personal opinion. I have seen benchmarks on the higher clocked r9 270x's and they seem to be preforming well.
m
0
l
December 21, 2013 5:03:16 PM

Yes great for the price but it still does not beat the GTX 760.
m
0
l
December 21, 2013 5:11:38 PM

realchaos said:
Yes great for the price but it still does not beat the GTX 760.


I can pickup a gtx 690 cheap but I really didn't want a card like that for this build. Thinking about a gtx 770 now.
m
0
l
December 21, 2013 5:50:12 PM

A GTX 770 would be a great card. It can max out any games at 1080p.
m
0
l
December 21, 2013 5:55:18 PM

nice build, but i really dont think of the Prodigy as a Mini ITX, its more like a Micro atx case. I have a Coolermaster elite 120 i have a few regrets now that the M8 its out but meh. Its okey.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 9:13:37 PM

For the budget and so on I still think a 270x is the best way to go. I just don't know which one to get that is instock at newegg. I wanted the Toxic but It is so big for my case.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 10:04:27 PM

realchaos said:
This would be a good R9-270X at newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
However, I still stand by my point that if you were disappointed by the GTX 760, you'll be disappointed with the 270X.


I bought the 760 when it first came out. Drivers were bad I didn't give it a chance.
m
0
l
!