Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

perfect graphics card for 1440x900 resolution

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 19, 2013 6:40:38 PM

what would you say is the best graphics card optimized for this reso for it to play most, if not all, games at high (and no overkill, just the sweet spot ) ? you can suggest nvidia/ati. also a few links regarding this topic would be very helpful.


December 19, 2013 6:45:46 PM

CeanWakeup said:
what would you say is the best graphics card optimized for this reso for it to play most, if not all, games at high (and no overkill, just the sweet spot ) ?



amd r9 270x i can play bf4 maxed out with 4xmsaa/hbao on a 1080p at around 45 fps give or take a few
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 19, 2013 6:47:11 PM

what price are you at? i would say, get a r9 270x for $200, for 1080p gaming;
with extra performance at 1440x900.
Share
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2013 6:47:56 PM

nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
what would you say is the best graphics card optimized for this reso for it to play most, if not all, games at high (and no overkill, just the sweet spot ) ?



amd r9 270x i can play bf4 maxed out with 4xmsaa/hbao on a 1080p at around 45 fps give or take a few


i get 60 fps with it
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 6:50:44 PM

SethS said:
nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
what would you say is the best graphics card optimized for this reso for it to play most, if not all, games at high (and no overkill, just the sweet spot ) ?



amd r9 270x i can play bf4 maxed out with 4xmsaa/hbao on a 1080p at around 45 fps give or take a few


i get 60 fps with it

i'd better oc mine then. i dont have the latest driver either so ya
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2013 6:51:12 PM

The R9 270X is probably a little bit overkill for 1440x900, but yes it does allow you generally to turn all settings up and get 60+ fps on the things that you play, so i don't think it is that much overkill that it is not worth it. The R9 270 is $30 cheaper and would do just as well for you.
Do those 2 cards would be my suggestion.

Basically a 2GB 7850 might be a possibility, but their prices are so close to the R9 270 currently that it is not really worth it. However if you can get one for around $130 maybe $140 it would be well worth it.
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 6:55:13 PM

SethS said:
what price are you at? i would say, get a r9 270x for $200, for 1080p gaming;
with extra performance at 1440x900.


oops I accidentally clicked the best solution instead of the reply so I'm just gonna ask another question. Is the gtx 650 ti boost enough for this? its at 150$.

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2013 6:56:45 PM

not for max graphics at high fps, but on medium-high on fair fsp
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 6:57:21 PM

CeanWakeup said:
SethS said:
what price are you at? i would say, get a r9 270x for $200, for 1080p gaming;
with extra performance at 1440x900.


oops I accidentally clicked the best solution instead of the reply so I'm just gonna ask another question. Is the gtx 650 ti boost enough for this? its at 150$.


Yeah it is on your monitor.
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 6:57:23 PM

the 270 is great and oc to a 270x stock performance easy :p  when they came out i watched a review and they just turned the sliders on afterburner all the way up and was fine.and i like that it just uses 1 6 pin connector haha
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 6:58:37 PM

rvilkman said:
The R9 270X is probably a little bit overkill for 1440x900, but yes it does allow you generally to turn all settings up and get 60+ fps on the things that you play, so i don't think it is that much overkill that it is not worth it. The R9 270 is $30 cheaper and would do just as well for you.
Do those 2 cards would be my suggestion.

Basically a 2GB 7850 might be a possibility, but their prices are so close to the R9 270 currently that it is not really worth it. However if you can get one for around $130 maybe $140 it would be well worth it.


would the r9 270x be also enough for 1080p when time comes for upgrading? Also which of those 3 cards you mentioned has best performance?
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:00:03 PM

CeanWakeup said:
rvilkman said:
The R9 270X is probably a little bit overkill for 1440x900, but yes it does allow you generally to turn all settings up and get 60+ fps on the things that you play, so i don't think it is that much overkill that it is not worth it. The R9 270 is $30 cheaper and would do just as well for you.
Do those 2 cards would be my suggestion.

Basically a 2GB 7850 might be a possibility, but their prices are so close to the R9 270 currently that it is not really worth it. However if you can get one for around $130 maybe $140 it would be well worth it.


would the r9 270x be also enough for 1080p when time comes for upgrading? Also which of those 3 cards you mentioned has best performance?

Yes it is enough for 1080p. the 3 cards with the best performance are the gtx titan r9 290x and the 780ti

m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:01:22 PM

Also i forgot the most important info guys: My psu is an antec vp550 so i hope the cards suggested are compatible for this.
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:02:44 PM

CeanWakeup said:
Also i forgot the most important info guys: My psu is an antec vp550 so i hope the cards suggested are compatible for this.

Yeah they are.
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:04:50 PM

nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
rvilkman said:
The R9 270X is probably a little bit overkill for 1440x900, but yes it does allow you generally to turn all settings up and get 60+ fps on the things that you play, so i don't think it is that much overkill that it is not worth it. The R9 270 is $30 cheaper and would do just as well for you.
Do those 2 cards would be my suggestion.

Basically a 2GB 7850 might be a possibility, but their prices are so close to the R9 270 currently that it is not really worth it. However if you can get one for around $130 maybe $140 it would be well worth it.


would the r9 270x be also enough for 1080p when time comes for upgrading? Also which of those 3 cards you mentioned has best performance?

Yes it is enough for 1080p. the 3 cards with the best performance are the gtx titan r9 290x and the 780ti


i meant the best card among rvilkman's post r9 270,r9 270x performance-wise and value-wise, 7850. those high-end you mentioned are too expensive for me .
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:05:29 PM

CeanWakeup said:
nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
rvilkman said:
The R9 270X is probably a little bit overkill for 1440x900, but yes it does allow you generally to turn all settings up and get 60+ fps on the things that you play, so i don't think it is that much overkill that it is not worth it. The R9 270 is $30 cheaper and would do just as well for you.
Do those 2 cards would be my suggestion.

Basically a 2GB 7850 might be a possibility, but their prices are so close to the R9 270 currently that it is not really worth it. However if you can get one for around $130 maybe $140 it would be well worth it.


would the r9 270x be also enough for 1080p when time comes for upgrading? Also which of those 3 cards you mentioned has best performance?

Yes it is enough for 1080p. the 3 cards with the best performance are the gtx titan r9 290x and the 780ti


i meant the best card among rvilkman's post r9 270,r9 270x performance-wise and value-wise, 7850. those high-end you mentioned are too expensive for me .

r9 270x then
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:05:54 PM

nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
Also i forgot the most important info guys: My psu is an antec vp550 so i hope the cards suggested are compatible for this.

Yeah they are.


do i need to buy an extra cable or anything?
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:07:49 PM

CeanWakeup said:
nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
Also i forgot the most important info guys: My psu is an antec vp550 so i hope the cards suggested are compatible for this.

Yeah they are.


do i need to buy an extra cable or anything?

no

m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:09:54 PM

nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
rvilkman said:
The R9 270X is probably a little bit overkill for 1440x900, but yes it does allow you generally to turn all settings up and get 60+ fps on the things that you play, so i don't think it is that much overkill that it is not worth it. The R9 270 is $30 cheaper and would do just as well for you.
Do those 2 cards would be my suggestion.

Basically a 2GB 7850 might be a possibility, but their prices are so close to the R9 270 currently that it is not really worth it. However if you can get one for around $130 maybe $140 it would be well worth it.


would the r9 270x be also enough for 1080p when time comes for upgrading? Also which of those 3 cards you mentioned has best performance?

Yes it is enough for 1080p. the 3 cards with the best performance are the gtx titan r9 290x and the 780ti


i meant the best card among rvilkman's post r9 270,r9 270x performance-wise and value-wise, 7850. those high-end you mentioned are too expensive for me .

r9 270x then


Yes I've made up my mind that the r9 270x is the best for me.Thanks guys. Thanks nikita I would've chose you as best answer but i accidentally clicked it a while back ,sorry. Hope i could fix that.

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 19, 2013 7:10:27 PM

even 270x will drop to 28fps maxed out at that resolution...get a 280x
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 19, 2013 7:10:31 PM

even 270x will drop to 28fps maxed out at that resolution...get a 280x
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:10:57 PM

CeanWakeup said:
nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
nikita787 said:
CeanWakeup said:
rvilkman said:
The R9 270X is probably a little bit overkill for 1440x900, but yes it does allow you generally to turn all settings up and get 60+ fps on the things that you play, so i don't think it is that much overkill that it is not worth it. The R9 270 is $30 cheaper and would do just as well for you.
Do those 2 cards would be my suggestion.

Basically a 2GB 7850 might be a possibility, but their prices are so close to the R9 270 currently that it is not really worth it. However if you can get one for around $130 maybe $140 it would be well worth it.


would the r9 270x be also enough for 1080p when time comes for upgrading? Also which of those 3 cards you mentioned has best performance?

Yes it is enough for 1080p. the 3 cards with the best performance are the gtx titan r9 290x and the 780ti


i meant the best card among rvilkman's post r9 270,r9 270x performance-wise and value-wise, 7850. those high-end you mentioned are too expensive for me .

r9 270x then


Yes I've made up my mind that the r9 270x is the best for me.Thanks guys. Thanks nikita I would've chose you as best answer but i accidentally clicked it a while back ,sorry. Hope i could fix that.


np
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 7:13:37 PM

ok so i guess we're done here Thanks sethS,megaballzdeep, rvilkman and honorable mention nikita :D 

nikita 787:
a1blaster said:
even 270x will drop to 28fps maxed out at that resolution...get a 280x


there is a big price difference and check this out:http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchm... BF4 benchmarks for r9 270x

the 7850 trailing behind r9 270x in the link. nice.
m
0
l
!