Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New PC build suggestions

Last response: in Components
Share
December 20, 2013 7:42:21 AM

Hello I am planning to build a good quality(parts) haswell gaming pc. Not one in which the power supply will fail or the capacitors leak in the next month.
My budget is around Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 75,000 including original copy of windows.
Please suggest me some parts for haswell system

More about : build suggestions

December 20, 2013 8:12:24 AM

ok, you'll get some good pc with that money.

here is a broad selection. if you like it, we can put product and model names.

i5 4xxx CPU (k series if you overclock)
1666 Mhz 4 X 2 GB RAM
a good H87 board (z87 if you overclock)
a good graphics card around 20 - 25 k
a 120 GB SSD
a 1 TB HDD
a reputed power supply
and a good case
m
0
l
December 20, 2013 8:15:16 AM

Half Life said:
ok, you'll get some good pc with that money.

here is a broad selection. if you like it, we can put product and model names.

i5 4xxx CPU (k series if you overclock)
1666 Mhz 4 X 2 GB RAM
a good H87 board (z87 if you overclock)
a good graphics card around 20 - 25 k
a 120 GB SSD
a 1 TB HDD
a reputed power supply
and a good case


Can you list some actual parts which i could use ? :D  Thanks for help :) 
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
December 20, 2013 8:17:09 AM

Okay, looking at your budget in Inidan rupees it is enough for hasswell. I think you know prices of computer parts are way overpriced in India. That's why I bought my stuff from amazon. For a nice gaming pc I think the half of the money should be spent on cpu and gpu (motherboard or also ram if needed), and the rest for other components. So, let's get going.
I think i5 4670k will be affordable at that price in India so here it is : http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-4-ghz-lga1150-4670k-i5-...
And a good gpu : http://www.flipkart.com/msi-amd-r9-280x-gaming-3g-3-gb-...
I think that gpu is overpriced., but try to buy it if it's available. If not, get other brands of r9 280x gpu.
Buy 2 sticks of this ram : http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vengeance-ddr3-4-gb-1-x...
This mother board should do great if you wan't to overclock your cpu : http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-z87m-extreme4-motherboar...
If you won't be oc'ing much this budget motheboard should do :http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b85-d3h-motherboard....
It's a budget one, but also consider v2 or v3 of this one :http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-750txv2uk-750-wat... .
Amd the rest case, hdd, sata is upto you.You can buy it as per your needs.
Share
December 20, 2013 8:19:39 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
Okay, looking at your budget in Inidan rupees it is enough for hasswell. I think you know prices of computer parts are way overpriced in India. That's why I bought my stuff from amazon. For a nice gaming pc I think the half of the money should be spent on cpu and gpu (motherboard or also ram if needed), and the rest for other components. So, let's get going.
I think i5 4670k will be affordable at that price in India so here it is : http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-4-ghz-lga1150-4670k-i5-...
And a good gpu : http://www.flipkart.com/msi-amd-r9-280x-gaming-3g-3-gb-...
I think that gpu is overpriced., but try to buy it if it's available. If not, get other brands of r9 280x gpu.
Buy 2 sticks of this ram : http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vengeance-ddr3-4-gb-1-x...
This mother board should do great if you wan't to overclock your cpu : http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-z87m-extreme4-motherboar...
If you won't be oc'ing much this budget motheboard should do :http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b85-d3h-motherboard....
It's a budget one, but also consider v2 or v3 of this one :http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-750txv2uk-750-wat... .
Amd the rest case, hdd, sata is upto you.You can buy it as per your needs.


Exactly ! The prices are waaayy over in India. The motherboard which is available at $139 in US is $220 in India. Otherwise thanks for help :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
December 20, 2013 8:22:16 AM

In my first answer I didn't calculate the budget, but I think it should be in the limit. If not, a 600watt decent quality psu will be enough. And you can use rest money to but storage devices, mouse, keyboards, etc....
Let me know if some money remains with you, I can recommend few better specs if you need.
m
0
l
December 20, 2013 8:26:28 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
In my first answer I didn't calculate the budget, but I think it should be in the limit. If not, a 600watt decent quality psu will be enough. And you can use rest money to but storage devices, mouse, keyboards, etc....
Let me know if some money remains with you, I can recommend few better specs if you need.



Thank you :D  Its exactly in my budget around Rs. 75000. Unfortunately no money remains with me :(  But are you sure that the motherboard is reliable because I dont want the motherboard to fail in the next month of the build or something happens like the capacitors leak
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
December 20, 2013 9:52:50 PM

chimera201 said:
I think i already suggested a build here
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1935480/build.ht...

Do u really need a Haswell build?
And whenever u are analyzing someone's build , make sure u calculate price of EVERY component


I didn't calculate because I knew it was in his budget.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
December 20, 2013 10:04:16 PM

jaygupta said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
In my first answer I didn't calculate the budget, but I think it should be in the limit. If not, a 600watt decent quality psu will be enough. And you can use rest money to but storage devices, mouse, keyboards, etc....
Let me know if some money remains with you, I can recommend few better specs if you need.



Thank you :D  Its exactly in my budget around Rs. 75000. Unfortunately no money remains with me :(  But are you sure that the motherboard is reliable because I dont want the motherboard to fail in the next month of the build or something happens like the capacitors leak


Looking at the reviews, I think it's reliable. A few tips to save some money.
If you don't oc then think of i5 4670 (non k) which is cheaper. A quality 600 watt psu will do, there's really not any need for 750 watt psu. : http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cmpsu-gs600w-600-watts-...
cpu : http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-4-ghz-lga1150-4670-i5-4...
Happy to help!
m
0
l
!