680 SLI (Card Discontinued) Vs. 780(Ti)

jlee14

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I came into the PC scene and built my own at around April of this past year. It seemed like right after I built, Nvidea came out the the 700 series and my 680 suddenly seemed not so shiny. I am wondering what you guys think about purchasing an additional 680 to SLI or upgrading to a 780ti. My current card is an EVGA 680 FTW 4GB. This card has been discontinued so hunting one down could be difficult. I am inclined to think that the longer i wait to SLI the higher the price will go on the discontinued 680's. On the other hand, I only have a 750 Watt PSU and a slightly overclocked CPU, so I am not sure if my PSU could handle an additional card. The rationale for needing to upgrade is I am waiting for G-sync to take hold and then I will be upgrading to a 1440P monitor and want my setup to be able to play on higher resolutions with a good framerate. Suppose I decide to upgrade to the 770, can anyone recommend a site where I could locate a buyer for the 680 I currently own? I appreciate any advice you can give me as I continue to think this over.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments,
Justin

enemy1g

Honorable
I cannot recommend you a site other than ebay to sell your card. However, the 770 is slightly faster than the 680, so if you were to SLI two 680s you would probably see performance faster than the 780 Ti. However, you would have to factor in heat and power consumption.

You card is still rather good, and would be great in SLI, but I would still recommend getting a single 780 Ti as it is an easier solution and provides less hassle than what you would have with two GPUs.