Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How does this build look? Questions about building.

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 22, 2013 7:37:41 PM

Hey everyone, I was going to build a gaming computer and so far these are the pieces I am getting:
CPU - AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core

Motherboard - Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0

GPU - GeForce GTX 760 (Ive heard good things about this - but can this support triple monitor gaming or SLI?)

The rest of the pieces im not 100% sure since I will just walk in Canada Computer and check out what they have. MY biggest issue is; are all these pieces compatible with eachother and multi GPU gaming (Either SLI/CrossFireX)?

Also, how would I set up the multiple GPUs in the case and motherboard in itself? Does anyone have a link to a good how-to?

Thanks in advance!

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
December 22, 2013 7:54:45 PM

Hi
Quote:
GPU - GeForce GTX 760 (Ive heard good things about this - but can this support triple monitor gaming or SLI?)


Yes it works woth 3 monitor. But it is maybe better buy R9 290. And if you with SLI or CF then look that you buy big enough PSU for the job. Warm can be issue too with SLI. So keep in mind that you have really good air flow.
This means that you need good case and enough fans.

Just look that your mobo is SLI or CF ready if you want to do that.

Other not bad option is CF R9 270x cards.
Here,
http://www.reviewstudio.net/868-amd-radeon-r9-270x-cros...
Share
December 22, 2013 8:07:17 PM

AxlFone said:
Hi
Quote:
GPU - GeForce GTX 760 (Ive heard good things about this - but can this support triple monitor gaming or SLI?)


Yes it works woth 3 monitor. But it is maybe better buy R9 290. And if you with SLI or CF then look that you buy big enough PSU for the job. Warm can be issue too with SLI. So keep in mind that you have really good air flow.
This means that you need good case and enough fans.

Just look that your mobo is SLI or CF ready if you want to do that.

Other not bad option is CF R9 270x cards.
Here,
http://www.reviewstudio.net/868-amd-radeon-r9-270x-cros...


That one does look really nice but it is really expensive, i might as well buy two GTX 760's instead D: And Do you think 600 Watts will be enough? And I will try to get a liquid cooling system or a push/pull fan setup. Thanks for you help...
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 22, 2013 8:55:21 PM

Bianchi789 said:
AxlFone said:
Hi
Quote:
GPU - GeForce GTX 760 (Ive heard good things about this - but can this support triple monitor gaming or SLI?)


Yes it works woth 3 monitor. But it is maybe better buy R9 290. And if you with SLI or CF then look that you buy big enough PSU for the job. Warm can be issue too with SLI. So keep in mind that you have really good air flow.
This means that you need good case and enough fans.

Just look that your mobo is SLI or CF ready if you want to do that.

Other not bad option is CF R9 270x cards.
Here,
http://www.reviewstudio.net/868-amd-radeon-r9-270x-cros...


That one does look really nice but it is really expensive, i might as well buy two GTX 760's instead D: And Do you think 600 Watts will be enough? And I will try to get a liquid cooling system or a push/pull fan setup. Thanks for you help...


I think good 650w can do the job with GTX 760's- but Id take bit bigger.
750 or 850 is about same price and bigger is better.

650w. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-caps...
750w.http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-caps...
850w.http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss85...
As you can see here a really good 660w is not cheap so..
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-x660...

Same price you can get really good 1000w psu.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-ligh...
And same but 800w.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-ligh...

m
0
l
!