Will an FX-4100 CPU Bottleneck a Radeon r9 270?

robolator

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
I have an AMD FX-4100 quad core CPU overclocked to 4.2 GHZ and I will be getting a Sapphire Radeon r9 270 that I plan to overclock to reach the clock speeds of a 270x :) I haven't had any bottlenecks with my old 550 ti and I think this CPU was more than enough for that card, but what about my new one? I use a single 1080p monitor.

Thanks!

Solution
you're fine. though the 270 is a much better card than the 550ti, by far, you'll still be gpu limited before the cpu starts holding you back.

robolator

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

Okay thank you very much!

Chris Elliott

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I have an fx4100 over clocked to 4.3ghz with an xfx r9 270x yet my fps on crysis 3 on medium/low settings is about 40fps indoors and 15-25 outdoors.... is this right or is it time toupgrade my cCPU??

Pap Molnar Zsolt

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

Hmmm... if you overclock your gpu with Catalyst Control Center there will be a Performance (or something like that) "menu" and under this write Clock or Speed Control (or something like that), and there Graphics Overdrive, if you put your card Freq a bit higher not much (cause we don't want to anything go wrong), then check this will give you some fps+ or not, if yes, then change back the settings to Defaults, and the other hand it's possible the ATI R9 driver isn't good (I mean this card very new, and AMD need some time to make the Driver work great), if you use old driver, than please update it, if it's possible, and check if you update the driver to a newer one, something happens (will work better under crysis, or not)?