Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Rate My pc

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 23, 2013 3:49:05 PM

First time building my own pc, using it for gaming, was wondering if this combination is good for 860$ cad. Input would be much appreciated

cpu: Intel Core i5-4670

Video card: Sapphire BF4 Edition R9 270X 1020MHZ 2G GDDR5 5600MHZ

Motherboard: ASUS B85M-G

Memory: Corsair Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 8GB 1X8GB DDR3-1333 1.5V CL9-9-9-24 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered Memory

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Internal Hard Drive

power supply:Thermaltake TR2 500W Power Supply Cable Management ATX12V V2.3 24PIN With 120mm Fan

Thanks :) 

More about : rate

a b 4 Gaming
a c 381 à CPUs
December 23, 2013 3:51:53 PM

Total performance 7/10, should run most games. Efficiency for the price- 6/10. You should get 2 sticks of RAM for dual channel, and go for 1600 if you can. You should also go for a non-micro ATX board, as they tend to be underpowered and poorly built.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 23, 2013 3:54:58 PM

ewok93 said:
You should also go for a non-micro ATX board, as they tend to be underpowered and poorly built.


You can actually get some great mATX boards these days.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 266 4 Gaming
a c 472 à CPUs
December 23, 2013 3:57:01 PM

9/10 - cpu
7.5/10 - gpu
7/10 - mobo
6.5/10 - RAM
5/10 - psu
Share
a c 266 4 Gaming
a c 472 à CPUs
December 23, 2013 3:58:21 PM

Yes there is nothing wrong with a microATX motherboard these days. Dual channel RAM will not make a noticeable difference in this setup either.
m
0
l
December 23, 2013 4:31:04 PM

mi1ez said:
ewok93 said:
You should also go for a non-micro ATX board, as they tend to be underpowered and poorly built.


You can actually get some great mATX boards these days.


Do you think this motherboard in particular will run efficiently with this setup? I was looking into the difference between ATX and Micro ATX, and it looked like there wasn't much difference beside the size, and the mATX was cheaper.
m
0
l
a c 266 4 Gaming
a c 472 à CPUs
December 23, 2013 4:34:35 PM

Quote:
Do you think this motherboard in particular will run efficiently with this setup? I was looking into the difference between ATX and Micro ATX, and it looked like there wasn't much difference beside the size, and the mATX was cheaper.


Yes it's fine.
m
0
l
December 23, 2013 4:37:39 PM

CTurbo said:
Quote:
Do you think this motherboard in particular will run efficiently with this setup? I was looking into the difference between ATX and Micro ATX, and it looked like there wasn't much difference beside the size, and the mATX was cheaper.


Yes it's fine.


Thanks, your input was much appreciated.
m
0
l
!