Solved

Is my power supply enough for a 6300 processor and a 7770 graphics card?

I would like to know if my Dynex 400w PSU would be enough to power a 6300 fx processor and a 7770 graphics card. I know is a cheap power supply and im planning to upgrade, but i only want to know if my pc would be safe for a couple of months before i get the new one.
In some forums ive seen people to require the label so i found it on the web
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fullimage.php?image=10444
On the red switch at the back it says its running on 115 (dont know what that is if someone can explain)
Thank you for your time
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply 6300 processor 7770 graphics card
  1. it should power them but please dont overclock. the 115 means that it is set to 110v from the wall, the other option is 240V or something like that and it is for 220V from the wall in other countries
  2. Best answer
    Radeon HD 7770 - 19A and a 500W psu minimum

    Your power supply says that it only supports 14A on 400W.
  3. No, your PSU will not support the CPU and GPU combo you have selected. You would need a minimum of a 500w PSU with 19A on the +12V rail. I would recommend the Corsair CX500.
  4. those requirements are really really high. I've seen people get away with HD 7770 on 350w psu. 400w is fine for those parts just dont overclock

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1759634/sapphire-radeon-7770-350w-psu.html
  5. airplanegeek said:
    those requirements are really really high. I've seen people get away with HD 7770 on 350w psu. 400w is fine for those parts just dont overclock

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1759634/sapphire-radeon-7770-350w-psu.html


    No, that's not true, OP's current PSU supports a max of 14A on the 12V rail, 19A is the minimum for a full system w/ a 7770, no overclock.
  6. airplanegeek said:
    those requirements are really really high. I've seen people get away with HD 7770 on 350w psu. 400w is fine for those parts just dont overclock

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1759634/sapphire-radeon-7770-350w-psu.html


    It depends a lot on quality as well. Dynex is often overspeced.

    Tier 5 - Other than the units listed above for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.

    A-TOP Technology
    Apevia
    APEX (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
    Aspire(Turbo Case)
    ATADC
    Athena Power
    ATRIX
    Broadway Com Corp
    Coolmax
    Deer
    Diablotek
    Dynapower USA
    Dynex
  7. Blaise170 said:

    It depends a lot on quality as well. Dynex is often overspeced.

    Tier 5 - Other than the units listed above for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.

    A-TOP Technology
    Apevia
    APEX (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
    Aspire(Turbo Case)
    ATADC
    Athena Power
    ATRIX
    Broadway Com Corp
    Coolmax
    Deer
    Diablotek
    Dynapower USA
    Dynex


    Can you link me to your source please? I know I found it at one point, but lord knows I can't find it now.
  8. theres actually 2 12V rails on that psu. one is 14A and one is 15A. even though they dont add up 100% they should still add up to about 70% which is enough to power the 7770
  9. P1nnacle said:

    Can you link me to your source please? I know I found it at one point, but lord knows I can't find it now.


    http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
  10. Blaise170 said:
    P1nnacle said:

    Can you link me to your source please? I know I found it at one point, but lord knows I can't find it now.


    http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx


    Ah! Thank you, this is going into my PSU bible before I lose it again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Processors Components