Fx-6300 Running Hot?

Nicks188

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Hey everyone, built a gaming rig today after taking you guy's advice. My only concern is that my FX-6300 is running very high temps 58-61 IN BIOS. Now, I'm not too sure if running in bios is necessarily the best temp test for CPU. I've been reading around and seeing that these temps are extremely close to the fx-6300s limits, and I'm pretty concerned. **BTW I don't have the OS yet I'm getting it in the mail tomorrow.**

Some BIOSes max out the usage, some do not. 75c is the max you want under load, though you can go up to 80c if you're fine with a lower lifetime. Get your OS and run Prime95 and monitor your temps on that, but if that IS actually under load, you're fine.

djkillz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I also have a FX-6300. When I first did my buid with the stock cooler on it it would idle around 39 degrees C in the BIOS. I would check to make sure the cooler is installed correctly and also might want to make sure the thermal paste was on the cooler before installing it.

Nicks188

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Ok I seriously appreciate the feedback guys, I was starting to panic <3. On a side note why is my pc not making the "beep" noise when I start it, did I not plug in the stero thing correctly(forget the name) or is it nothing to worry about since I can access my bios fine by spaming delete.