Can GT 430 can be used as dedicated physx card along with SAPPHIRE R9 270X????

pankajkumar1992

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Currently my specs are
I3 550 @3.20GHZ
DELL OC2JKT MOBO
3 GB RAM
Point of View GT 430
In a month i will be upgrading my PC as follow
FX 8320
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
Sapphire R9 270x
I want to ask that can i use my GT 430 as dedicated physx card with R9 270X.
Thanx in Advance...

Solution
To all practical intents and purposes no, PhysX is Nvidia only.
It is possible to do hybrid PhysX using older, hacked drivers but the results are variable and instability a problem.
If you want to go PhysX, your best option is to get an Nvidia card.

TheAterix

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
im curious of this too, as i have a gt 430 in my current rig (which is upgraded tomorrow morning :D ) and im getting the 8320 and a r9 290 and wouldnt mind a extra gpu to take a bit of stress

Blaise170

Honorable
It is possible, but only unofficially. Here is some info from http://physxinfo.com/wiki/Hybrid_PhysX

Hybrid PhysX is an name of unofficial configurations, where AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce cards are used simultaneously, AMD GPU for graphics, and NVIDIA GPU - for PhysX.

Hybrid PhysX configurations are not supported and even chased by NVIDIA (if AMD card is detected in the system, NVIDIA GPU will lock PhysX processing capabilities), thus are available only through special driver hack, known as Hybrid PhysX Mod, developed by a user with nickname "GenL".

To all practical intents and purposes no, PhysX is Nvidia only.
It is possible to do hybrid PhysX using older, hacked drivers but the results are variable and instability a problem.
If you want to go PhysX, your best option is to get an Nvidia card.

Solution
The closest match would be the GTX660Ti, but they are hard to find and seem to be overpriced-the superior GTX760 is similarly priced.
The GTX660 matches on price but is slower.
This review compares all of them: the grey coloured lines are for stock cards BTW: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/R9_270X_Gaming/

Quakemz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Might as well get a 780 instead of the 290, since it's stronger and the price is the same right now.