Solved

Good Casual Gaming PC?

Just wanting to know if this is a good PC for casual gaming, e.g. playing League of Legends with friends and I'm wanting to *maybe* start playing WoW.

CASE:Cooler Master N600 w/ USB 3.0, Side Panel Window
CPU:AMD A6-6400K 3.90GHz Dual-Core APU w/ Integrated Radeon HD 8470D
FAN:AMD Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer
HDD:2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
MEMORY:8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
MOTHERBOARD:* GIGABYTE F2A88XN-WIFI A88X mITX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Plus, On/Off Charge, 802.11AC WiFi+Bluetooth, 1 Gen2 PCIe x16
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium(64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY:600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
USBFLASH:USB 2.0 Portable Flash Drive
VIDEO:AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB GDDR3 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card

It would also be greatly appreciated if you guys could give me any tips on if I don't need certain parts or if I could manage to lower something. Thanks!
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good casual gaming
  1. the gfx card is weak, the cpu is also pretty weak. maybe consider an A10 apu build with a hd7770. also try to get at least 80+ bronze on the psu.
    the rest of the build is fine depending on price.
  2. Best answer
    Well one thing that majorly sticks out to me is the tiny mini-ITX motherboard inside of a huge case designed for ATX motherboards. If you're going to get a big case, go with a standard size motherboard. If you want that mini-ITX, I think it would look much better inside a small case.

    Also the CPU is pretty bad, if you're going to get a AMD APU you almost have to get the quad core version. If dual core is fine, then get an Intel CPU.

    This would be a better system if you want AMD:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($98.97 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($81.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($132.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $575.36
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:40 EST-0500)

    And if you chose Intel, this would be a great system:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($132.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $569.39
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:42 EST-0500)
  3. stickg1 said:
    Well one thing that majorly sticks out to me is the tiny mini-ITX motherboard inside of a huge case designed for ATX motherboards. If you're going to get a big case, go with a standard size motherboard. If you want that mini-ITX, I think it would look much better inside a small case.

    Also the CPU is pretty bad, if you're going to get a AMD APU you almost have to get the quad core version. If dual core is fine, then get an Intel CPU.

    This would be a better system if you want AMD:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($98.97 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($81.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($132.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $575.36
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:40 EST-0500)

    And if you chose Intel, this would be a great system:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($132.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $569.39
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:42 EST-0500)




    Alright, that looks good. Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'm extremely new to computers and am still learning a lot of the things I need to know. My biggest problem right now is figuring out what else I need to buy besides these main parts, if I even need anything else, and how to put it all together. Again, thanks! I'll probably use the first build you put up.
  4. All of these builds posted on here are over kill. Here's a build that can max out League easily and play WoW on ultra settings. If you have a little bit more you can switch the GPU to a 7770

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $462.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:59 EST-0500)
  5. RazerZ said:
    All of these builds posted on here are over kill. Here's a build that can max out League easily and play WoW on ultra settings. If you have a little bit more you can switch the GPU to a 7770

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $462.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:59 EST-0500)


    Dang, thanks man. That is definitely a better price for me. Seriously, thanks a lot. Now, would I need to buy any more parts or is that all I need to get? As I said, I am extremely new to this haha.
  6. ConcreteDevil said:
    RazerZ said:
    All of these builds posted on here are over kill. Here's a build that can max out League easily and play WoW on ultra settings. If you have a little bit more you can switch the GPU to a 7770

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $462.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:59 EST-0500)


    Dang, thanks man. That is definitely a better price for me. Seriously, thanks a lot. Now, would I need to buy any more parts or is that all I need to get? As I said, I am extremely new to this haha.


    Well that should be all unless you plan on using any DVDs or Cds. In that case you can purchase an optical drive for $15 or if you have any old pc optical drive you can remove it and use it :)
  7. RazerZ said:
    ConcreteDevil said:
    RazerZ said:
    All of these builds posted on here are over kill. Here's a build that can max out League easily and play WoW on ultra settings. If you have a little bit more you can switch the GPU to a 7770

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $462.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:59 EST-0500)


    Dang, thanks man. That is definitely a better price for me. Seriously, thanks a lot. Now, would I need to buy any more parts or is that all I need to get? As I said, I am extremely new to this haha.


    Well that should be all unless you plan on using any DVDs or Cds. In that case you can purchase an optical drive for $15 or if you have any old pc optical drive you can remove it and use it :)


    I have an old optical drive I could use. Thanks man, I think I'm going to use your build, although, like you mentioned, I think I might upgrade the GPU. Now, to learn how to build a computer. :P
  8. ConcreteDevil said:
    RazerZ said:
    ConcreteDevil said:
    RazerZ said:
    All of these builds posted on here are over kill. Here's a build that can max out League easily and play WoW on ultra settings. If you have a little bit more you can switch the GPU to a 7770

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.48 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $462.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-24 12:59 EST-0500)


    Dang, thanks man. That is definitely a better price for me. Seriously, thanks a lot. Now, would I need to buy any more parts or is that all I need to get? As I said, I am extremely new to this haha.


    Well that should be all unless you plan on using any DVDs or Cds. In that case you can purchase an optical drive for $15 or if you have any old pc optical drive you can remove it and use it :)


    I have an old optical drive I could use. Thanks man, I think I'm going to use your build, although, like you mentioned, I think I might upgrade the GPU. Now, to learn how to build a computer. :P


    Haha, nice. Have fun building the computer, here's the best youtube video I could find which helped me to build mine:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zOYdNEHDQo
  9. Personally I would get the best GPU you can afford with whatever budget you have. Who's to say you wont get into a newer title eventually that's a bit more demanding. That's why instead of getting enough to get by, I usually shoot for one or two steps up from that mark.
  10. Thanks guy, this has really helped a lot. :)
  11. The parts lists that have been put together are pretty nice, but what's your budget, I might be able to fine tune it a little better. Also do you need wireless or are you going to hook up to the internet with a cat5 cable?
  12. stickg1 said:
    The parts lists that have been put together are pretty nice, but what's your budget, I might be able to fine tune it a little better. Also do you need wireless or are you going to hook up to the internet with a cat5 cable?


    My budget is $650-700 max. I'm not sure if I'll be able to connect to the internet with a cable or not. I'm assuming a cat5 and ethernet and similar, or am I wrong? If they are similar I'll most likely be able to connect with a wire.
  13. I own a a6-5400k which is very similar to the 6400k. For basic gaming such as LoL and WoW like you mentioned this APU will handle it easily. If you are looking to play more graphically intense games in the future grab yourself a 7770 or 7790 which is what I recently purchased. I am thinking about upgrading my APU to an AMD FX-6300 which will boost the performance of the GPU and enable me to play games like Battleifeld 4 on medium to high settings. Don't listen to the people who say the the a6 is bad because from my personal experience with it, it handles low end games easily.

    Also, the power supply you chose is way overkill. You only need about 300-350Watts.

    Hope I helped!
  14. Computer__GUY said:
    I own a a6-5400k which is very similar to the 6400k. For basic gaming such as LoL and WoW like you mentioned this APU will handle it easily. If you are looking to play more graphically intense games in the future grab yourself a 7770 or 7790 which is what I recently purchased. I am thinking about upgrading my APU to an AMD FX-6300 which will boost the performance of the GPU and enable me to play games like Battleifeld 4 on medium to high settings. Don't listen to the people who say the the a6 is bad because from my personal experience with it, it handles low end games easily.

    Also, the power supply you chose is way overkill. You only need about 300-350Watts.

    Hope I helped!


    I'll keep all of this in mind, thanks! With this being my first post on here, I love how many responses I've gotten. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Systems PC gaming