Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

can I oc the xfx r7 260x with g78lmt s2p mobo??

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • XFX
  • FPS
  • GPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
December 24, 2013 10:51:48 AM

As the title says can I oc this gpu ?? It runs at 40 to 60 fps on high at 786p except crisis3 it run at 30 so can I oc it a little bit to get about 40 fps??

More about : xfx 260x g78lmt s2p mobo

a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2013 11:12:57 AM

Yes, you can overclock that graphics card. Download something like MSI afterburner and read some guides out there for overclocking your graphics card and then you should be fine. Just keep an eye on your system temps.
m
0
l
December 24, 2013 11:18:39 AM

I already have msi after burner but the problem is I can't change core voltage its locked and the cooling rocks actually it doesn't get past 45 even on maximum load
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2013 11:21:07 AM

memo5bebo said:
I already have msi after burner but the problem is I can't change core voltage its locked and the cooling rocks actually it doesn't get past 45 even on maximum load


Just increase the clock frequency. Some low end cards have their voltages locked so there's nothing you can do about it. Try increasing by 10-15Mhz and run some stress tests and monitor the temps and then continue until you run in stability issues.
m
0
l
December 24, 2013 11:30:31 AM

Actually I increased it 175mhz and its still stable at 40 degree but I want to increase it more so is there is a way to unlock core voltage
m
0
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2013 11:31:59 AM

memo5bebo said:
Actually I increased it 175mhz and its still stable at 40 degree but I want to increase it more so is there is a way to unlock core voltage


Sadly there isn't a way to unlock the core voltage. But if you really wand better performance, you can sell your card and then save up for a better one, or you can buy a second one for CFX if your Motherboard is capable of it.
Share
December 24, 2013 11:44:57 AM

Well sadly I can't do both and thanx for your answers
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2013 11:47:43 AM

memo5bebo said:
Well sadly I can't do both and thanx for your answers


Sorry for your situation, but I'm glad I could still help you :) 
m
0
l