Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this case fit my gtx 760 sli?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 25, 2013 2:25:35 PM

I am building a gaming rig for battlefield 4. I am wondering if this rig will fit my Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 SLI. My case has to stay in this price range. If you know of any better cases let me know. Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2pQyP

More about : case fit gtx 760 sli

a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 3:02:58 PM

Case looks fine but please don't get crossfired GTX 760's please. Reconsider a single Higher end GPU. This is because you will encounter less driver headaches. This also opens up an upgrade route, on top of this 760s wont have a worthwhile investment considering memory size, bandwidth and size. Some games, like skyrim have almost no scaling, so you are getting the performance of 1 760.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 3:04:01 PM

Yes, they will fit, but you will not be able to occupy the bottom pci slot on your motherboard with a gpu, they will have to be in the two upper pci slots.
As far as cases go, it's all about preference and nobody can really tell you which case is going to be better than another (unless one has serious faults or lacks features like usb 3.0)

I personally kinda find the case ugly, but it looks well ventilated and has usb 3.0 on the front. No reason for you not to get this case unless you find one you like the look of better.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 3:06:46 PM

ImperialistMillitant said:
Case looks fine but please don't get crossfired GTX 760's please. Reconsider a single Higher end GPU. This is because you will encounter less driver headaches. This also opens up an upgrade route, on top of this 760s wont have a worthwhile investment considering memory size, bandwidth and size. Some games, like skyrim have almost no scaling, so you are getting the performance of 1 760.


Do not worry about this guy as far as what gpu you should or shouldnt buy. Look up reviews from people who know how improper it is to apply the term crossfire to a nvidia product.

I do see you have bought 2 4gb models of the 760 however, and so if you can find a 780 for a similar price as these two cards, you will indeed have a better gaming experience from the one card.

It's more what you are willing to spend on your video card solutions
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 3:15:12 PM

Ok so I may desire to help you out a bit with your build. You have greatly overpayed for your Ram, and should look at 1600mhz 16gigabyte kits that are around the $80 range such as kingston hyperx, or g-skill ripjaw or anything like that. (over $100 for 16 gigs is unreasonable unless you are doing some serious non-gaming computing processes.

And i will actually have to agree with the other guy (sorry for changing my mind) but the sli 4gb 760 setup will not only cost you more than a single 780, it will cause much more heat in your case, cost you more on your power bill, and provide a less enjoyable gaming experience (sli just has lower frametime, but will be around the same fps as a 780.) the stock cooler on the 780 is also much better than that of the 760, and will be quieter as well. The 3gb on the 780 is also more than enough for any 1080p game that is going to be coming out for the next few years.

Not trying to criticize your build, just trying to save a guy some money <3
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 3:16:34 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
Case looks fine but please don't get crossfired GTX 760's please. Reconsider a single Higher end GPU. This is because you will encounter less driver headaches. This also opens up an upgrade route, on top of this 760s wont have a worthwhile investment considering memory size, bandwidth and size. Some games, like skyrim have almost no scaling, so you are getting the performance of 1 760.


Do not worry about this guy as far as what gpu you should or shouldnt buy. Look up reviews from people who know how improper it is to apply the term crossfire to a nvidia product.

I do see you have bought 2 4gb models of the 760 however, and so if you can find a 780 for a similar price as these two cards, you will indeed have a better gaming experience from the one card.

It's more what you are willing to spend on your video card solutions


"Crossfired" I do apologize, I usually always keep up to date with ATI cards and forget. For example I know that 2d and 3d Surround is Nvidia and Eyefinity is AMD. Its easy to pounce on simple typos but if you see my other answers you will notice I know the difference between SLI and crossfire very well, thank-you very much.

Thunder0024
One card will not be as economical, yes but you have an upgrade path, superior memory handling. The future of gaming is most likely at higher Res, and Vram is increasingly getting used more. There are cards out there that have 4GB of Vram and utilize it much more effectively. Such as the R9 290/x (Yes, non reference is advised)

Some games scale poorly or have negative scaling, keep this in mind. If you intend this to be a closed rig once built and want the best performance for money. Then a multi card solution will be your answer.
My advise> Single card option such as the GTX 780 or R9 290 non reference.

m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 3:32:20 PM

ImperialistMillitant said:
Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
Case looks fine but please don't get crossfired GTX 760's please. Reconsider a single Higher end GPU. This is because you will encounter less driver headaches. This also opens up an upgrade route, on top of this 760s wont have a worthwhile investment considering memory size, bandwidth and size. Some games, like skyrim have almost no scaling, so you are getting the performance of 1 760.


Do not worry about this guy as far as what gpu you should or shouldnt buy. Look up reviews from people who know how improper it is to apply the term crossfire to a nvidia product.

I do see you have bought 2 4gb models of the 760 however, and so if you can find a 780 for a similar price as these two cards, you will indeed have a better gaming experience from the one card.

It's more what you are willing to spend on your video card solutions


"Crossfired" I do apologize, I usually always keep up to date with ATI cards and forget. For example I know that 2d and 3d Surround is Nvidia and Eyefinity is AMD. Its easy to pounce on simple typos but if you see my other answers you will notice I know the difference between SLI and crossfire very well, thank-you very much.

Thunder0024
One card will not be as economical, yes but you have an upgrade path, superior memory handling. The future of gaming is most likely at higher Res, and Vram is increasingly getting used more. There are cards out there that have 4GB of Vram and utilize it much more effectively. Such as the R9 290/x (Yes, non reference is advised)

Some games scale poorly or have negative scaling, keep this in mind. If you intend this to be a closed rig once built and want the best for buck. Then a multi card solution will be your answer.


an r9-290 with an aftermarket cooler can be flashed to a 290x (good job amd) but will outperform a 780 for less money no doubt. You just have to wait for said aftermarket coolers to come out (should be mid january for most of them)

as far as higher res taking off, 1440p has been around for quite a while and hasn't taken off the same way 1080 did. It will still be another 2-3 years before those resolutions really become popular amongst the gaming/general public.

Also considering the hardware needed to run the higher texture qualities at that resolution or higher (god forbid 4k since it requires unrealistic hardware to run games on) It's quite likely that 1080p will still remain the industry standard for most gamers for quite a while to come until the hardware starts surpassing the demands developers are putting on it. (you don't need 1440p yet if you still need to spend over $400 on just a gpu to max a game at 1080.

I've seen 1440 and 4k played on those almight 4x titan rigs. It's impressive, but the increase in quality does not yet justify the pricetag
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 3:42:30 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
Case looks fine but please don't get crossfired GTX 760's please. Reconsider a single Higher end GPU. This is because you will encounter less driver headaches. This also opens up an upgrade route, on top of this 760s wont have a worthwhile investment considering memory size, bandwidth and size. Some games, like skyrim have almost no scaling, so you are getting the performance of 1 760.


Do not worry about this guy as far as what gpu you should or shouldnt buy. Look up reviews from people who know how improper it is to apply the term crossfire to a nvidia product.

I do see you have bought 2 4gb models of the 760 however, and so if you can find a 780 for a similar price as these two cards, you will indeed have a better gaming experience from the one card.

It's more what you are willing to spend on your video card solutions


"Crossfired" I do apologize, I usually always keep up to date with ATI cards and forget. For example I know that 2d and 3d Surround is Nvidia and Eyefinity is AMD. Its easy to pounce on simple typos but if you see my other answers you will notice I know the difference between SLI and crossfire very well, thank-you very much.

Thunder0024
One card will not be as economical, yes but you have an upgrade path, superior memory handling. The future of gaming is most likely at higher Res, and Vram is increasingly getting used more. There are cards out there that have 4GB of Vram and utilize it much more effectively. Such as the R9 290/x (Yes, non reference is advised)

Some games scale poorly or have negative scaling, keep this in mind. If you intend this to be a closed rig once built and want the best for buck. Then a multi card solution will be your answer.


an r9-290 with an aftermarket cooler can be flashed to a 290x (good job amd) but will outperform a 780 for less money no doubt. You just have to wait for said aftermarket coolers to come out (should be mid january for most of them)

as far as higher res taking off, 1440p has been around for quite a while and hasn't taken off the same way 1080 did. It will still be another 2-3 years before those resolutions really become popular amongst the gaming/general public.

Also considering the hardware needed to run the higher texture qualities at that resolution or higher (god forbid 4k since it requires unrealistic hardware to run games on) It's quite likely that 1080p will still remain the industry standard for most gamers for quite a while to come until the hardware starts surpassing the demands developers are putting on it. (you don't need 1440p yet if you still need to spend over $400 on just a gpu to max a game at 1080.

I've seen 1440 and 4k played on those almight 4x titan rigs. It's impressive, but the increase in quality does not yet justify the pricetag


Agreed, it will depend on what Res he plans to play on. It is likely Thunder will replace the cards the time he upgrades his monitor. But one "Upgrade" that can be performed with monitors is 2D surround. But that has headaches of its own....

To be honest I see the 27inch Crapple iMacs at work and the screens are... stunning but only slightly better than a IPS 1080p Panel. Never seen a 4K monitor, and I don't intend to buy one.

I will put my suggestion on the R9 290 non reference. This is because of on par performance with the 780 but sports 4GB of Vram and a large 512bit memory bus. Making it more prepared for Vram heavy titles. At 1080p this isn't really a problem but the future is unpredictable.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:13:11 PM

My only problem with the r9 290x is that it is known to be loud, like, VERY loud. I know that it has a quiet mode but will that affect preformance? How about the gtx 780?
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:16:22 PM

I have a buddy that is buying, not building (not smart) a n acre predator for 1800 with the gtx 780 and an i7 4770k. I want to outperform him massively and prove how much being able to build machines matters. So yeah. Basically I want better computer for around 1200.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:17:03 PM

*Acer
(Darn auto correct)
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:23:02 PM

Oh and Brantyn, you are really helping. I would like to salute you for that:
_
(")\
|-+
/\
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 4:30:11 PM

The reference R9 290/X run loud and hot, that's why you should wait for non Reference models. An R9 290x will perform on par, if not better than the GTX 780. It doesn't need to be fast, it just needs to perform equally but cheaper.

Crossfire when you feel like it.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:32:10 PM

I'm sorry, I know more about processors than graphics cards. What do you mean by non reference.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:35:13 PM

And thanks again for helping me
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 4:44:11 PM

Non reference, for example Gigabyte Windforce, ASUS Direct CUII. Cards made by brands other than Nvidia and AMD, remember the GPU chip is only manufactured by either AMD or Nvidia.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 4:45:21 PM

Np man, but yeah, 290 and 290x with reference coolers are basically hairdryers lol, if you need power now, the 780 is a good price atm, otherwise wait for non reference 290 or 290x and you will be equally happy as they will not be loud (will likely be silent but still run a little hotter than the nvidia counterparts) If you wanted to beat him also, go for the i7-3770k with a decent air cooler (water will be outside your budget) the 4xxx series of intel are marginally better and do not overclock for shit. If you purely wanted to get more fps than him in games, go with an i5-3570k and a 780 ti.

His pc prebuilt with those specs will cost him upwards of 1500. It won't be conventional to beat him in performance, but you can get the same performance and rub it in his face that you spent a couple hundred less and gained the experience of making your own pc
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:50:04 PM

I like your thinking. The only reason that I choose an fx 8350 is because modern pc games will be using more cores and battlefield 4 recommends 6.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 4:51:51 PM

An 8350 will do you fine, though i'll admit it will be a bit slower than his...but only a bit for half the price (like you probably won't notice the difference gaming).
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 4:53:36 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
Np man, but yeah, 290 and 290x with reference coolers are basically hairdryers lol, if you need power now, the 780 is a good price atm, otherwise wait for non reference 290 or 290x and you will be equally happy as they will not be loud (will likely be silent but still run a little hotter than the nvidia counterparts) If you wanted to beat him also, go for the i7-3770k with a decent air cooler (water will be outside your budget) the 4xxx series of intel are marginally better and do not overclock for shit. If you purely wanted to get more fps than him in games, go with an i5-3570k and a 780 ti.

His pc prebuilt with those specs will cost him upwards of 1500. It won't be conventional to beat him in performance, but you can get the same performance and rub it in his face that you spent a couple hundred less and gained the experience of making your own pc


Don't call my soon to be delivered GPU a hairdryer :D 
Also he can make his system look aesthetically cooler, I think the predators look hideous.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 4:55:01 PM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2pVeF
This is what I have so far. I couldn't find any of the RAM cards mentioned earlier. Now, which is better (and can be over locked to be even better), the i5 or the i7?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:00:05 PM

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-memory-khx1600c9d... is an example of better ram for the money (will be better than your friend's ram anyway). And honestly if you are strict on your budget, stick with the amd 8350 and instead upgrade to a corsair h-100 cpu cooler which will allow you to overclock it a decent amount. I HIGHLY recommend basically just scouring youtube for overclocking tutorials.

If you DO want to break your budget however, the i7-3770k is about the best bang-for-buck intel one at the moment (sadly bf4 does actually manage to stress the i5 version).

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:00:05 PM

The i5 and i7 are on par with games, if you do any rendering such as photo editing then the i7 might be worthwhile investment. Then your PC can compute non games better as well.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:01:23 PM

ImperialistMillitant said:
The i5 and i7 are on par with games, if you do any rendering such as photo editing then the i7 might be worthwhile investment. Then your PC can compute non games better as well.


This is what i used to think, but bf4 is truly either next gen demanding for cpus, or it is poorly optimized, because it manages to make my i5-3570k at 4.75ghz run pretty hard
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:03:05 PM

I need at least 16 Gb of RAM
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:03:57 PM


Also i highly recommend not getting the 290 or 290x while they still have stock cooling (the red and black amd branded looking thing) They are fast cards for the price, but they will be noticeably loud, and audible in the next room over when running at max performance
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:04:17 PM

And I will stick with the 8350
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:05:26 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
The i5 and i7 are on par with games, if you do any rendering such as photo editing then the i7 might be worthwhile investment. Then your PC can compute non games better as well.


This is what i used to think, but bf4 is truly either next gen demanding for cpus, or it is poorly optimized, because it manages to make my i5-3570k at 4.75ghz run pretty hard


BF4 was a poorly utilized and implemented game to begin with. As far as I have read almost everywhere, the i7 brings little to no benefit to games. Sometimes hinders. Things can change, with future games likely to be multithreaded. If that was the case, then I will move up to i7 Broadwell from Haswell.

Some games are horribly designed on AMD CPU architecture, look at Skyrim for example.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:06:40 PM

You say that you do, but you won't even gain a single fps with the extra 8gb of ram. And seeing as you are new enough to ask for all this help, i am going to safely assume that you do not often do video rendering or encoding? 8gb is the sweet spot and still manages to give you dual channel mode whilst still leaving room for future upgrades if you do start doing rendering type things
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:09:47 PM

ImperialistMillitant said:
Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
The i5 and i7 are on par with games, if you do any rendering such as photo editing then the i7 might be worthwhile investment. Then your PC can compute non games better as well.


This is what i used to think, but bf4 is truly either next gen demanding for cpus, or it is poorly optimized, because it manages to make my i5-3570k at 4.75ghz run pretty hard


BF4 was a poorly utilized and implemented game to begin with. As far as I have read almost everywhere, the i7 brings little to no benefit to games. Sometimes hinders. Things can change, with future games likely to be multithreaded. If that was the case, then I will move up to i7 Broadwell from Haswell.

Some games are horribly designed on AMD CPU architecture, look at Skyrim for example.


Yes, some games are, but if he decides to go amd, well...the new consoles are amd architecture...Like it or not i doubt we will see any more differences in games between intel and amd in the new generation.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:10:42 PM

That sounds good. So, would the gtx 780 be fine then?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:15:29 PM

Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
Brantyn Gerik said:
ImperialistMillitant said:
The i5 and i7 are on par with games, if you do any rendering such as photo editing then the i7 might be worthwhile investment. Then your PC can compute non games better as well.


This is what i used to think, but bf4 is truly either next gen demanding for cpus, or it is poorly optimized, because it manages to make my i5-3570k at 4.75ghz run pretty hard


BF4 was a poorly utilized and implemented game to begin with. As far as I have read almost everywhere, the i7 brings little to no benefit to games. Sometimes hinders. Things can change, with future games likely to be multithreaded. If that was the case, then I will move up to i7 Broadwell from Haswell.

Some games are horribly designed on AMD CPU architecture, look at Skyrim for example.


Yes, some games are, but if he decides to go amd, well...the new consoles are amd architecture...Like it or not i doubt we will see any more differences in games between intel and amd in the new generation.


Good, I prefer AMD, everything they sell is cheaper. Competition is good for the market. Games like skyrim are really a non issue as the FX 8350 can drive a display at smooth frames.

Thunder I will still suggest waiting for the R9 290x non reference models, this is because it has better memory stats.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:21:03 PM

And when will those come out, and what about the current model'so silent mode?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:21:14 PM

a 780 is a great card, but i'm also trying to help you not completely destroy your budget XD Find out how much your friend is paying for his system
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:23:16 PM

I'll give you the link in a moment
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:24:13 PM

the non reference models should be out in mid january, and will be around $20 more but will run quite at full speed. The current model has a switch for 'uber' and 'silent' modes. This literally just changes the way the card will dynamically clock itself based on temps. They quiet mode will let the card use a slower fan speep, but it will also cause the card to run slower. On uber mode the card does, with PROOF, get as loud as a hairdryer lol. A reference (normal i think $500 they are now) 780, you will almost never hear. I can't make the decision for you as it is your money. All i can do is give you information on how to build smart, save money, and still come out with a badass pc
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:29:28 PM

Pure poetry.
I'm willing to spend around 500 on a graphics card
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:30:09 PM

Is there I can get a gtx 780 to for about 550?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:30:15 PM

Ok, so basically, you will not be able to blow him away in performance right now, not unless you want to spend an additional $300 more than originally planned (not recommended). If you are willing to drop that $40 or so on cheaper ram, you may be able to allow yourself to splurge on a solid state drive.

I will gladly explain the almightyness of a solid state drive if you don't already know :) 
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:31:23 PM

If you are in canada the evga 780 is $560 on tigerdirect.ca, or amazon.ca
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:32:33 PM

OH TOTALLY FORGOT THE DEAL!! the nvidia card comes with Batman arkham origins, assassin's creed 4, and some splinter cell game :p  Not games you may like, but they are free and able to showoff your hardware
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:34:05 PM

I already know, I switched to that 8 gb ram you told me about.
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:35:55 PM

I'll stick with the gtx 780 and maybe next summer get another one use them to sli.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 97 U Graphics card
December 25, 2013 5:38:38 PM

A ssd is a luxury item anyway. Doesnt improve fps at all, just load times and initial computer boot up speed, you will be happy with the 780. You can 100% max any game out right now with the exception of the highest supersampling in The Witcher 2 (really a useless and inefficient setting anyway)
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:39:47 PM

Oh and location wise, I am in the Gotham city of America
m
0
l
December 25, 2013 5:41:12 PM

Just realized, I use the word "wise" too much
m
0
l
!