Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

750w PSU enough for 770gtx 2gb sli?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 26, 2013 4:49:59 AM

Hi, this is my current build atm
.
I'm wondering if my power supply is enough if I wanted to SLI in the future.

Or would i need to get a new PSU?



PSU - Corsair HX750 80+ gold modular
CPU - intel i7 haswell 4770 3.4ghz
Motherboard - ASUS z87-pro
SSD - Samsing 840 pro 128gb
HDD - 1TB WD Black Caviar x2
RAM - Kingston HyperX Predator 16gb
Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce gtx770 2gb OC
CPU cooler - Noctua NH-U14s
December 26, 2013 5:32:00 AM

The power supply calculator suggests 650W for a system like that with SLI, so your PSU will run this system perfectly.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 26, 2013 1:42:37 PM

angaddev said:
The power supply calculator suggests 650W for a system like that with SLI, so your PSU will run this system perfectly.


I thought it would be enough, which power supply calculator did you use btw?
m
0
l
December 27, 2013 2:14:23 PM

animal said:
according to here you would want something more like 850W:

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm


Ive heard a lot of people say this but I think its just for headroom.

What would be the worst case scenario if I got a 2nd 770gtx and stuck to my 750w psu and
it really just didn't have enough power? Would it damage any hardware at all?
m
0
l
December 27, 2013 2:17:30 PM

with that PSU (it's a quality Corsair model), if you added a second 770 it would either work, run poorly, or not run at all. No damage should occur.
m
0
l
December 27, 2013 2:22:49 PM

Its more than enough for now AND future SLI, the calculator suggested 650w. I used the same calculator as angaddev. Hope i helped.
m
0
l
December 27, 2013 2:27:58 PM

BenEzz said:
Its more than enough for now AND future SLI, the calculator suggested 650w. I used the same calculator as angaddev. Hope i helped.


So you think that 750w is fine for 770 sli on my setup? I think so too but some ppl say its not enough and I should go for at least 850w. I guess headroom is always good but I don't know if I actually i need a bigger PSU.
m
0
l
December 27, 2013 2:30:04 PM

No its not enough watt. 1 card requires 250w alone. Get a gold certified 850w psu minimum
m
0
l

Best solution

December 27, 2013 2:32:58 PM

jan_nz said:
BenEzz said:
Its more than enough for now AND future SLI, the calculator suggested 650w. I used the same calculator as angaddev. Hope i helped.


So you think that 750w is fine for 770 sli on my setup? I think so too but some ppl say its not enough and I should go for at least 850w. I guess headroom is always good but I don't know if I actually i need a bigger PSU.


Majority of places i look say 750-800w so i would say go ahead with it, but it would be good to make some headroom like you said. Its all up to you. Personally, either way you will be fine.
Share
December 27, 2013 2:48:03 PM

My UltraX4 750w runs my 780SLI perfectly. You're fine.
m
0
l
December 27, 2013 3:19:59 PM

chrisbroncos76 said:
My UltraX4 750w runs my 780SLI perfectly. You're fine.


That's reassuring statement makes me feel better.
Thanks, haha
m
0
l
!