Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

BF4 lag spikes?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 26, 2013 5:12:57 AM

i have literally just built my new rig and then when i try and play battlefield 4, i get stuttering/lag spikes ever 2-3 seconds!

this is really annoying as i spent over £1000 on my new pc to find out i cant even play my game!

Specs:
i7 4770k @ 3.5ghz
gtx 760 4gb
8gb Corsair vengeance pro
asus vi maximus hero
corsiar ax860i
WD green 2tb
samsung 840 evo 120gb

thanks i would appreciate any help at all,

-Toby

More about : bf4 lag spikes

Best solution

December 26, 2013 5:31:58 AM

Toby,

Have these symptoms shown in any other games? If not, it may be a software driver issue. Your above-listed hardware should have no issue with 1080p gaming at ANY settings.
Share
December 26, 2013 5:45:26 AM

magmcbride said:
Toby,

I Have these symptoms shown in any other games? If not, it may be a software driver issue. Your above-listed hardware should have no issue with 1080p gaming at ANY settings.

No, there are no problems at all on any other games, i have also been playing crysis 3 and have had no problems at all on max settings 4x msaa and i get a stable 50-60fps no lag spikes at all.


I have been back on battlefield 4 and i have noted my fps stays at 60fps (becuase of vsync) and every couple of seconds it drops to about 40-45? i have heard that battlefield 4 isnt quite optimised and is still very far from completely Bug free. So do you think that it could be a driver/game related problem, nothing to do with my hardware?

thanks for the reply
-Toby

Edit:
Do you recommend that i download nvidia's beta drivers instead of their latest full driver?
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 26, 2013 5:53:51 AM

TobyOwnsYou said:
magmcbride said:
Toby,

I Have these symptoms shown in any other games? If not, it may be a software driver issue. Your above-listed hardware should have no issue with 1080p gaming at ANY settings.

No, there are no problems at all on any other games, i have also been playing crysis 3 and have had no problems at all on max settings 4x msaa and i get a stable 50-60fps no lag spikes at all.


I have been back on battlefield 4 and i have noted my fps stays at 60fps (becuase of vsync) and every couple of seconds it drops to about 40-45? i have heard that battlefield 4 isnt quite optimised and is still very far from completely Bug free. So do you think that it could be a driver/game related problem, nothing to do with my hardware?

thanks for the reply
-Toby

Edit:
Do you recommend that i download nvidia's beta drivers instead of their latest full driver?


It sounds like your system is fine. I've been playing BF4 quite a lot myself and noticed dips down to 40-45 FPS at various times (I'm using a Radeon HD 7950 Boost 3GB myself). With the game still new(and buggy), I think these kinds of issues are inevitable. Heck I wasn't going to even buy BF4 for this very reason, but the digital deluxe version came on sale for $35 over Black Friday and I couldn't pass it up.
m
0
l
December 26, 2013 5:56:33 AM

magmcbride said:
TobyOwnsYou said:
magmcbride said:
Toby,

I Have these symptoms shown in any other games? If not, it may be a software driver issue. Your above-listed hardware should have no issue with 1080p gaming at ANY settings.

No, there are no problems at all on any other games, i have also been playing crysis 3 and have had no problems at all on max settings 4x msaa and i get a stable 50-60fps no lag spikes at all.


I have been back on battlefield 4 and i have noted my fps stays at 60fps (becuase of vsync) and every couple of seconds it drops to about 40-45? i have heard that battlefield 4 isnt quite optimised and is still very far from completely Bug free. So do you think that it could be a driver/game related problem, nothing to do with my hardware?

thanks for the reply
-Toby

Edit:
Do you recommend that i download nvidia's beta drivers instead of their latest full driver?


It sounds like your system is fine. I've been playing BF4 quite a lot myself and noticed dips down to 40-45 FPS at various times (I'm using a Radeon HD 7950 Boost 3GB myself). With the game still new(and buggy), I think these kinds of issues are inevitable. Heck I wasn't going to even buy BF4 for this very reason, but the digital deluxe version came on sale for $35 over Black Friday and I couldn't pass it up.


Okay thanks for all of your help, I was thinking of getting another GTX 760 for SLI in about a month, do you recommend this or do you it wont be worth it? i have heard some rumors about AMD's crossfire being buggy, is SLI the same?

-Toby
m
0
l
December 26, 2013 6:05:04 AM

TobyOwnsYou said:

Okay thanks for all of your help, I was thinking of getting another GTX 760 for SLI in about a month, do you recommend this or do you it wont be worth it? i have heard some rumors about AMD's crossfire being buggy, is SLI the same?
-Toby


Toby,

Unless you are running a 1440 vertical resolution monitor or a 5760x1080 I do not believe you will see notable improvements with BF4. There have also been quite a few complaints with multi-GPU configurations not working properly with the most recent BF4 patch. I personally steer clear of Multi-GPU for these kinds of software reasons, along with the extra power and heat that multi-GPU produces.

EDIT: Spelling
m
0
l
!