Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will a GTX 760 physically fit an MSI B75MA-P45?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
December 26, 2013 8:54:33 AM

Hey guys,
I am looking into upgrading my GPU from a 650 Ti to a 760, but I don't know if it will physically fit my B75MA-P45 motherboard. According to Newegg, the GPU is 9.5" Here is a picture of my case showing 9 1/2" I have seen this been done but it looks like the SATA ports are covered. If I have to move the hard drive down a slot to make room, that is not an issue. Also, Newegg says that a 500 watt PSU is required, and I have a Corsair CX430. I have heard that GPUs are overrated and PSUs are underrated, but I don't want my computer to catch fire.
Thanks for the advice!
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2013 8:58:42 AM

all PCI-e X16 connectors and ports are the same size meaning you can never have a issue with the motherboard. It's the case you need to worry about.
December 26, 2013 9:00:37 AM

ganon11000 said:
all PCI-e X16 connectors and ports are the same size meaning you can never have a issue with the motherboard. It's the case you need to worry about.


I understand that, but I am talking about the physical size of the card, with the fans and whatnot.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2013 9:29:32 AM

purpleninja said:
ganon11000 said:
all PCI-e X16 connectors and ports are the same size meaning you can never have a issue with the motherboard. It's the case you need to worry about.


I understand that, but I am talking about the physical size of the card, with the fans and whatnot.


What case do you have as you have only specified your motherboard.
December 26, 2013 9:31:16 AM

ganon11000 said:
purpleninja said:
ganon11000 said:
all PCI-e X16 connectors and ports are the same size meaning you can never have a issue with the motherboard. It's the case you need to worry about.


I understand that, but I am talking about the physical size of the card, with the fans and whatnot.


What case do you have as you have only specified your motherboard.


NZXT Source 210
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2013 9:35:58 AM

purpleninja said:
ganon11000 said:
purpleninja said:
ganon11000 said:
all PCI-e X16 connectors and ports are the same size meaning you can never have a issue with the motherboard. It's the case you need to worry about.


I understand that, but I am talking about the physical size of the card, with the fans and whatnot.


What case do you have as you have only specified your motherboard.


NZXT Source 210


It will fit without issue in that case.
December 26, 2013 9:43:02 AM

ganon11000 said:
purpleninja said:
ganon11000 said:
purpleninja said:
ganon11000 said:
all PCI-e X16 connectors and ports are the same size meaning you can never have a issue with the motherboard. It's the case you need to worry about.


I understand that, but I am talking about the physical size of the card, with the fans and whatnot.


What case do you have as you have only specified your motherboard.


NZXT Source 210


It will fit without issue in that case.


I don't mean to be rude, but did you look at my picture? http://imgur.com/3k31nWY It looks like it will cover SATA ports at 9 1/2 inches. Also, is a 430 Watt PSU enough to power this card?
December 26, 2013 11:27:56 AM

Bump
a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2013 11:56:23 AM

Didn't see that link, It'll cover port 1 & 2 at the top.

P.S. you may want to give cable management a go ;) 
December 26, 2013 12:33:55 PM

ganon11000 said:
Didn't see that link, It'll cover port 1 & 2 at the top.

P.S. you may want to give cable management a go ;) 


I know, I slacked there. Do you know about the wattage? If not, I'll ask graphics.
Thanks!

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 26, 2013 12:47:18 PM
Share

purpleninja said:
ganon11000 said:
Didn't see that link, It'll cover port 1 & 2 at the top.

P.S. you may want to give cable management a go ;) 


I know, I slacked there. Do you know about the wattage? If not, I'll ask graphics.
Thanks!


A 430W Corsair should be more than fine as the gpu will use no more than 170W.
!