Solved

Brand new PC very slight plastic burning smell

I just built my PC and as I was installing drivers I noticed a plastic burning smell. This is the next day and smell is already less noticeable should I be worried or not.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about brand slight plastic burning smell
  1. Best answer
    You need to find out where the smell is coming from. It could be a wire trapped somewhere.
    If the plastic burns through it might short something out.
    It could also be a faulty component.
    I suggest you take it apart and check every wire and component.
  2. jay2577 said:
    You need to find out where the smell is coming from. It could be a wire trapped somewhere.
    If the plastic burns through it might short something out.
    It could also be a faulty component.
    I suggest you take it apart and check every wire and component.


    I really couldnt find anything and I tried running it while open to find where the smell was comming from and the smell didn't show up. I have heard that new parts produce a smell like this could it be that
  3. It is a possibility but i would still strip, examine and re assemble the computer to make sure.
    You wouldn't want to risk damaging your new computer would you?
  4. For anyone coming to this thread. (Noticed it had a lot of views). 3 years in my computer is fine and the smell went away in around 2 days. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Burner Components