Okay, here's my situation. I was trying to turn the PC on when I got a static shock. Followed by some sort of electrical smell. But after a while, the smell went away. The computer still POSTs, turns on and the PSU still works. Basically, all the components still work.
Were you shocked when you touched the computer or did you touch something else?
If your PC powers on and seems to work correctly then I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it was static electricity that was built up, and you discharged it when you touched your computer its not very likely that you damaged anything. You would have to have touched something that is static sensitive such as your motherboard.