Hello looking for the best 7200 RPM HDD

Solution
I figure anyone who finds their way here is capable of using google or newegg search tool

Your link brings me to a product called "Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 "

looks like ya found it.

Also the Tomshardware link I sent ya too says:

"As we expected, Seagate's Desktop HDD.15 ST4000DM000 isn’t as fast as the Barracuda 7200.14. and identifies it as a "3GB, 7200 rpm model"

Given the preceding, I'd say ya have a winner. :)

I originally had the SSDs set up in RAID 0 and the HDs in RAID 1 .... after cupla weeks broke the arrays and installed as single....much more responsive, samsung utilities now work and a lot less problems..... Samsung support was great ....sent me lotta data poo poo'ing the RAID 0 idea.

My...
already own a SSD the samsung 840 Evo 500gb just need the best 7200 RPM HDD

I have two 840 pros .... they are in the same box with the two Seagate SSHDs ..... I put the 4 of them together so I can get the same performance loading data files off my HDs as I get loading programs off the SSDs..... the box also serves as a network server so I see minimal impact when I'm using it and others are accessing it....

But if ya have some reason not to want the extra performance, the best HD that's not a hybrid is the 7200.14 as indicated in the original post and as shown in the THG review linked above.

Konane

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

What one is the best? i want the best 7200 rpm 1-2 TB HDD

Konane

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
so what did you do there you did a raid config or something? im a noob

I figure anyone who finds their way here is capable of using google or newegg search tool

Your link brings me to a product called "Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 "

looks like ya found it.

Also the Tomshardware link I sent ya too says:

"As we expected, Seagate's Desktop HDD.15 ST4000DM000 isn’t as fast as the Barracuda 7200.14. and identifies it as a "3GB, 7200 rpm model"

Given the preceding, I'd say ya have a winner. :)

I originally had the SSDs set up in RAID 0 and the HDs in RAID 1 .... after cupla weeks broke the arrays and installed as single....much more responsive, samsung utilities now work and a lot less problems..... Samsung support was great ....sent me lotta data poo poo'ing the RAID 0 idea.

My mantra for years was RAID 0 was useless on the desktop outside of some very specialized storage intensive apps, after trying on SSDs pretty much affirmed the same thing .... other than benchmarks, it did nothing for me and was a PITA.

Solution

Konane

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
oh ok thanks for being so nice awesome thanks for that bro

TRENDING THREADS