Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How to remove heat sink??

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 26, 2013 9:36:15 PM

Can someone please show me how to remove my Cooler Master CI4-7J22C cpu heatsink. I can't seem to get it off.

More about : remove heat sink

a b à CPUs
December 26, 2013 9:40:51 PM

Go and watch it on YouTube. It's usually the easiest way. Try removing the RAM so that some space is emptied. Hope this helped. Cheers!
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 26, 2013 9:42:40 PM

Should be something similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNkJXTYZ9JE
Share
Related resources
December 26, 2013 9:44:37 PM

Nevermind, i got it off, i just used a flat head screwdriver to pry the latches off.
m
0
l
December 26, 2013 10:20:36 PM

KillerGamer said:
Go and watch it on YouTube. It's usually the easiest way. Try removing the RAM so that some space is emptied. Hope this helped. Cheers!

Being a pretty old heat sink, there were no youtube videos for it, and removing the ram and heat sink of the northbridge cleared enough space for me to remove the heat sink.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 26, 2013 10:22:02 PM

xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
Go and watch it on YouTube. It's usually the easiest way. Try removing the RAM so that some space is emptied. Hope this helped. Cheers!

Being a pretty old heat sink, there were no youtube videos for it, and removing the ram and heat sink of the northbridge cleared enough space for me to remove the heat sink.


Oh... Nice man
m
0
l
December 26, 2013 10:23:06 PM

Anub1s said:
Should be something similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNkJXTYZ9JE


There were no levers on the heat sink, so I couldn't use this method, thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it.
m
0
l
December 26, 2013 10:25:05 PM

KillerGamer said:
xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
Go and watch it on YouTube. It's usually the easiest way. Try removing the RAM so that some space is emptied. Hope this helped. Cheers!

Being a pretty old heat sink, there were no youtube videos for it, and removing the ram and heat sink of the northbridge cleared enough space for me to remove the heat sink.


Oh... Nice man


It kinda took long to figure out such a simple thing, and I killed my thumbs in the process fiddling around with the heatsink.

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 26, 2013 10:26:26 PM

xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
Go and watch it on YouTube. It's usually the easiest way. Try removing the RAM so that some space is emptied. Hope this helped. Cheers!

Being a pretty old heat sink, there were no youtube videos for it, and removing the ram and heat sink of the northbridge cleared enough space for me to remove the heat sink.


Oh... Nice man


It kinda took long to figure out such a simple thing, and I killed my thumbs in the process fiddling around with the heatsink.



Haha.. It's often that the tiniest things take the most time to figure out. Anyways, glad you could actually remove the heat sink..!
m
0
l
December 26, 2013 10:30:47 PM

KillerGamer said:
xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
Go and watch it on YouTube. It's usually the easiest way. Try removing the RAM so that some space is emptied. Hope this helped. Cheers!

Being a pretty old heat sink, there were no youtube videos for it, and removing the ram and heat sink of the northbridge cleared enough space for me to remove the heat sink.


Oh... Nice man


It kinda took long to figure out such a simple thing, and I killed my thumbs in the process fiddling around with the heatsink.



Haha.. It's often that the tiniest things take the most time to figure out. Anyways, glad you could actually remove the heat sink..!


Thanks!! And thank you for your recommendation for removing the ram.

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 26, 2013 10:33:10 PM

xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
xiipe16 said:
KillerGamer said:
Go and watch it on YouTube. It's usually the easiest way. Try removing the RAM so that some space is emptied. Hope this helped. Cheers!

Being a pretty old heat sink, there were no youtube videos for it, and removing the ram and heat sink of the northbridge cleared enough space for me to remove the heat sink.


Oh... Nice man


It kinda took long to figure out such a simple thing, and I killed my thumbs in the process fiddling around with the heatsink.



Haha.. It's often that the tiniest things take the most time to figure out. Anyways, glad you could actually remove the heat sink..!


Thanks!! And thank you for your recommendation for removing the ram.



You are always welcome. I'm always happy to help :D 
m
0
l
!