I have Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 with i7 4500u,8gb ram,8850m 2gb gddr5 gfx. I usually play games while plugged in but there are sometimes when I have to play without plugging in. I know plugged in gives best performance.
1. Should I play games without plugged in till the battery runs out then plug in again?
2. Or should I always play with my laptop plugged in?
3. If I play games on my laptop without plugged in, will it affect my battery?
4. What is advisable and better? Case 1 or 2?
1) Yes, play games on your laptop without plugging it in. After battery reaches 10%, plug it in.
2) No, do not always leave your laptop plugged in as it decreases battery life. Remove charger when battery reaches 100% ONLY.
3) No, if you play games on your laptop without it plugged in it will not affect your battery.
How do I know this? I have owned many laptops in the past and have experience with em'. Hope this helped!
1. You can, but try to keep the battery's level between 20% and 80%. Charging it and discharging it beyond those levels puts more wear on the battery and decreases its longevity. If you charge/discharge regularly between 20% and 80%, you should charge it fully (100%) and then let it drain completely (0%) once in awhile.
2. You can do this too, and it may be best to do so with your battery removed. You will get better performance when gaming on AC/DC power instead of battery.
3. That depends on what you mean. Gaming will drain your battery quickly. This may cause you to charge it more frequently. Charging it more frequently will reduce the overall lifespan of the battery. Gaming specifically does not hurt the battery; frequent charging and discharging does.
4. For more info on battery care, see the following: