Solved

Black Screen and Cursor After Installing Drivers

So I just built my PC and now I put in the driver disk that came with my ASUS DC2 GTX 780 and installed all the drivers. It asked me to reboot so I did and now I'm stuck at a black screen with my cursor. Also, incase it's important, my mobo is a Maximus VI Hero and CPU is a 4670k.
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about black screen cursor installing drivers
  1. What's the boot order in BIOS (press Del at startup)?
    If pressing F8 and selecting the HDD/SSD, does it boot?
  2. alexoiu said:
    What's the boot order in BIOS (press Del at startup)?
    If pressing F8 and selecting the HDD/SSD, does it boot?


    Yeah it boots when I select my SSD, but not with the drivers installed. With the drivers installed, the screen is black (sometimes my cursor is present) and I have to enter safe mode and delete the drivers and then reenter normal mode.
  3. Try updating the graphics driver in Device manager (right click, select update and browse the card's DVD). See if working this way.
  4. alexoiu said:
    Try updating the graphics driver in Device manager (right click, select update and browse the card's DVD). See if working this way.


    Even with the drivers updated, it takes me to a black screen.
  5. Weird. What devices are listed in Device manager under Display adapters?
  6. alexoiu said:
    Weird. What devices are listed in Device manager under Display adapters?


    Only the 780 which is weird because I would have thought that the Intel integrated graphics would be there too.
  7. Have you tested different driver version from NVidia?
  8. alexoiu said:
    Have you tested different driver version from NVidia?


    Hmmm no haven't thought of that. I've only used the disk driver (320.xx/321.xx I can't remember) and the latest driver. What's a solid stable version that isn't too old and will definitely work?
  9. alexoiu said:


    Could be, but I doubt it's the exact same thing.
  10. Is there a newer BIOS version available for the motherboard?
  11. alexoiu said:
    Is there a newer BIOS version available for the motherboard?


    I already had it updated to the latest version and it did not help.
  12. No other idea then. Try testing the card in a different PC, if possible. If not... maybe RMA-ing it.
  13. alexoiu said:
    No other idea then. Try testing the card in a different PC, if possible. If not... maybe RMA-ing it.


    No the card's working the issue is driver's. Either I have to fix the cooler like that one guy or I have to find a stable version from nvidia.
  14. When solvng it, please post back.
  15. alexoiu said:
    When solvng it, please post back.


    Took a look at the cooler and it's definitely making contact. Haven't tried older drivers yet.
  16. Anyone else gonna try to help me out here?
  17. Bumpy bump.
  18. Best answer
    Solution solved the mother****ing issue was the ******* hdmi cable was plugged in when it wasnt supposed to be hahahahahhahahahahahahha what the mother**** i was troubleshooting for 2 whole days and it never occurred to me!!!!!
  19. Thank you for the follow up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cursor Nvidia Drivers gtx 780 Graphics