$1500 dollar pc build, for editing/gaming

Hey guys, I'm currently busy trying to put a nice computer together using the best components I can get, but I need your opinion on some stuff.. This is my first time building a PC

To begin with I'm not sure where I want to buy my components, I live in Europe so Alternate may be a good choice. But if I look up price differences between Alternate and lets say Amazon, Amazon comes out a lot cheaper.

This is my current list, remember I want to use this pc to edit with programs such as Sony Vegas, Cinema 4D, adobe after effects etc.

Motherboard:

ASRock Z87 Extreme4 (I don't see why I should get any higher, like Extreme6, but maybe I should?)

Or

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

CPU:

i7-4670k, I know I need this for editing, the i5-4670K won't fit my style I think.

CPU Cooler:

Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo(got this recommended by many sites)

Graphics Card:

I'm not really sure where I want my graphics card from but I think I will go with the MSI N760 4gb OR MSI N770 2gb, any tips on which one I should get? Since they have little price difference.

Memory:

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 Should be enough for now, I can always put another 8GB in my system if I feel I need to. Or is this alot of work? Again, this is my first build ever.

Harddrive:

SATA: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14. (1 TB should be enough for a while, or is it hard to place another 1TB in my system in the future?)

SSD: I'm not sure if I will get one yet, because I want to keep my budget under 1500 dollar, maybe I can get one later?

Power Supply:

I'm not an expert on computer parts, defenitly not when it comes to power supply, any suggestions? I think I will need atleast 650W.

OC:

I will need Windows 8.1.

Case:

I like the Zalman Z11 Plus because of its look, but I'm not sure if it's big enough for everything and if it's durable.

I would appreciate all the advice I could get. Also, how long do you think this system will be up to date, and how durable are the parts? I hope my story is clear, sorry for the bad english.

CptMcSwag
1 answer Last reply
More about 1500 dollar build editing gaming
  1. Everything here is good, but you should get the AMD card, Adobe and Sony products for editing are implementing OpenCL better, so i thought something like a R9 280x? You can get a SSD later, but i would recommend you a samsung 840 120gb if you want to already get it. MSI Z87-G45 Gaming is more reaible motherboard. CPU and CPU cooler is a good choice, and get 16GB of ram, AE will benefit from it by allocating 2 gigs per each CPU core instance of AE, and will you be filming things for youtube so i could give you a nice hard drive setup?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming PC Build Video Editing Components $1500