Sign in with
Your question

$1400-$1500 pc build for gaming/video editing

Last response: in Components
December 27, 2013 6:34:35 AM

Hello, for the past weeks I've been searching the internet for alot of information about computer parts. I want to build my own pc, probably using Alternate, but I want to keep sites like Amazon and Newegg in concideration aswell.

I come from Europe, this is my first ever build, my budget is <$1500.

Usage of the computer:

Gaming: games like Battlefield 4, Far Cry etc.

Video editing: editing with programs such as Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D.

Downloading music, skyping, just alot of tasks at the same time, that's why I think I need a i7-4770k.

Parts I don't need anymore: monitor, gaming headset, mouse, keyboard. Actually I only need the stuff for inside the case.

If you could come with a build, that would be highly appreciated.

I prefer Intel and the GTX series for a video card. But I heard AMD cards are better for editing with programs such as Sony Vegas and AE. Again, this is my first build so I probably don't know what I'm talking about :/ . Sorry for the bad englando.

Thanks alot,
InteriorCrocodile
a b 4 Gaming
December 27, 2013 6:40:20 AM

What components do you need? Some people need the whole setup, that means a gaming computer + optical drive + windows + mouse + keyboard + mouse mat + mouse + monitor + headphones + headset.
m
l
December 27, 2013 6:45:58 AM

AMDRadeonHD said:
What components do you need? Some people need the whole setup, that means a gaming computer + optical drive + windows + mouse + keyboard + mouse mat + mouse + monitor + headphones + headset.

Oops! Forgot to mention that, changed it.
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2013 6:54:25 AM

AMDRadeonHD said:
$1500 gaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qWaC

That build includes an i5 and 8gb ram, do you think that's enough for video editing on the heavy programs i described in my thread?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 27, 2013 6:59:58 AM

InteriorCrocodile said:
AMDRadeonHD said:
$1500 gaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qWaC

That build includes an i5 and 8gb ram, do you think that's enough for video editing on the heavy programs i described in my thread?

its more than enough but if you want i7 and 16gb you need to sacrifice gtx 770 sli your choice
m
l
!