fx-8350 temperatures too high!!! please help!!

kevin25_john

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
My rig :-
Cpu fx-8350 (@ stock) with no after market cooler.
Gpu Asus Radeon r9 280x v2 (@ stock)
corsair vengeance 8gb ram
Psu - corsair cx600

Yesterday while playing battlefield 4 my cpu temperatures wer around 79℃ and my gpu temperatures were around 74℃.
Are these too high? :??:
Im getting worried looking at these temperatures.
Should I consider buying an aftermarket cooler? And if yes then which one?

Solution
Says the 212 will fit right on the Newegg description. If you have tall heatsinks just populate the 2nd and 4th RAM slots, no prob.

On another note, look up a bulldozer/piledriver oc'ing guide. If you learn to manually clock and set your voltages it will dramatically help with temperatures. Cheers.

heisnburg

Honorable
May 6, 2013
your gpu temps are fine, with gpu the high 80s are where you should be concerned.
and your cpu stock cooler is the problem, i highly recommend buying the cooler master 212 evo, its a cheap, yet, very effective cooler.

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Says the 212 will fit right on the Newegg description. If you have tall heatsinks just populate the 2nd and 4th RAM slots, no prob.

On another note, look up a bulldozer/piledriver oc'ing guide. If you learn to manually clock and set your voltages it will dramatically help with temperatures. Cheers.

Solution

kevin25_john

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Thanks....:D
Any other cooler which is more effective and will stay for long.?
Or the hyper 212 the best one?
Coz once I get a cooler I dont intend to change it atleast for 2 years...:p

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Aside from a better cpu cooler (which is a very good idea) it would be wise to ensure you are good proper case airflow as well. I never realized the importance of this early on until my Phenom 965 build seemes to constantly overheat with the stock CPU cooler. After adding 2 120mm fans and balancing intake/exhaust my cpu temps dropped dramatically. Especially if you have a GFX card tdumping heat into the case it may be something to look into. Good Luck!

tcarroll

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

If your box is in a cubby in a piece of furniture move it out into the free air, the fans have to be able to get fresh air.