FX 8350 Fan Really Loud

tim094

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I just bought a new graphics card and with buying it my CPU fan during games spins really fast and makes heaps of noise. I am assuming that since i have a better GPU and can run games on higher settings the CPU is using more power? Therefore more heat? Would you recommend getting a new cooler and if so what is a good air cooler for the FX 8350?

Solution
If your case can handle it I would suggest the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO it is a really good air cooled heatsink. After having two pumps go out in two Corsair H100i setups I can't suggest them any longer. For water cooling I would go with a full water cooling loop like a XSPC EX360 or such. In my opinion they are much better than the AIO water coolers.

If you are running the stock heatsink/fan the yes they do tend to get quite loud as the heat ramps up. They are OK for light task but not so as you task the CPU.

ohyouknow

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Depends on your case and budget really. I had a bad budget case before and I ate a restocking fee from Newegg. The liquid coolers like a Corsair H60 wouldn't be a bad choice. If not, the time tested Cooler Master 212 is always a winner. Needs 160mm+ for clearance though.

If your case can handle it I would suggest the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO it is a really good air cooled heatsink. After having two pumps go out in two Corsair H100i setups I can't suggest them any longer. For water cooling I would go with a full water cooling loop like a XSPC EX360 or such. In my opinion they are much better than the AIO water coolers.

If you are running the stock heatsink/fan the yes they do tend to get quite loud as the heat ramps up. They are OK for light task but not so as you task the CPU.

Solution