Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Whats the worst case scenario?

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Intel
  • Core
  • CPUs
  • Systems
  • Cases
Last response: in Systems
December 27, 2013 11:52:45 PM

Hi guys. I've got my "semi-gaming" rig. Lols

CPU: Intel Core i3 - 4130 3.4ghz Haswell
Memory: 4gb Kingston DDR3-1333
GPU: A good ol' Inno3D GT420 1GB (Very old yet good enough, I suppose)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-E USB 3.0
Storage: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache
PSU: Here is the best part... ITS A GENERIC 600W PSU
Case: Neutron Colt case. Local case.

So here is my question..
Should I go buy a Corsair TX650M, Razer Arctosa Keyboard and Razer Abyssus Mouse (quite a razer fan) or buy the MSI GTX 670 for $225?

Thanks.

More about : whats worst case scenario

a b à CPUs
December 27, 2013 11:59:30 PM

I prefer to have good memory and a good PSU. Then consider the mobo/3d card/cpu. However please remember this my opinion and is not fact :p 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 28, 2013 12:04:31 AM

I prefer to change your memory, case and PSU...
I prefer to get one more stick of Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz, which would make dual channel in your motherboard giving more performance...
If you could get a PSU get that Corsair TX650M...
One more thing I would recommend you to change the case... If you are gaming I prefer you to get a good decent case... I prefer Corsair Carbide 400R or 500R(500R has removable HDD cage and side 200mm fan included)...

For the keyboard and mouse you can get those...
If you still have money left get the MSI GTX 670... This would improve your overall system performance which I think you will very much like... :) 
Share
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
a c 144 à CPUs
December 28, 2013 12:06:40 AM

Tenvis said:
Hi guys. I've got my "semi-gaming" rig. Lols

CPU: Intel Core i3 - 4130 3.4ghz Haswell
Memory: 4gb Kingston DDR3-1333
GPU: A good ol' Inno3D GT420 1GB (Very old yet good enough, I suppose)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-E USB 3.0
Storage: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache
PSU: Here is the best part... ITS A GENERIC 600W PSU
Case: Neutron Colt case. Local case.

So here is my question..
Should I go buy a Corsair TX650M, Razer Arctosa Keyboard and Razer Abyssus Mouse (quite a razer fan) or buy the MSI GTX 670 for $225?

Thanks.

the worst case scenario is that your generic psu decides that it's his(i'm guessing it's a he) duty to send your new gaming pc to afterlife.

so.... corsair tx650m, 2x 4gb 1.5v ddr3 1600 kingston ram, may be nzxt 210..? i don't know how much that local brand case costs. and geforce gtx760.
m
0
l
December 28, 2013 12:39:43 AM

I see.. I see.. I have these 2 options for the Ram.

Kingston (without the heat spreader) 2x4gb 1333 (no spare budget)
or
Corsair XMS3 (with heat spreader) 2x4gb 1333
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2013 4:00:44 AM

Get Corsair XMS3.... I prefer Corsair products much as I have used them and they are very reliable... As far as Kingston, their more better quality RAMs are better than their low end RAMs...
m
0
l
December 28, 2013 4:36:06 AM

I see.. Any suggestions other than that for the build?

Also, 1 more question.
How would I know if my Hard drive is a Sata3 or Sata2? :p 
If my HDD is sata3 and i put it on the sata2 slot, will it still work? Kinda noob when it comes to Hard drives :( 

Thanks :D 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2013 4:38:49 AM

Tenvis said:
I see.. Any suggestions other than that for the build?

Also, 1 more question.
How would I know if my Hard drive is a Sata3 or Sata2? :p 
If my HDD is sata3 and i put it on the sata2 slot, will it still work? Kinda noob when it comes to Hard drives :( 

Thanks :D 


Yes it will and there will be no difference in performance.
m
0
l
December 28, 2013 4:45:24 AM

Praise_Gaben said:
Tenvis said:
I see.. Any suggestions other than that for the build?

Also, 1 more question.
How would I know if my Hard drive is a Sata3 or Sata2? :p 
If my HDD is sata3 and i put it on the sata2 slot, will it still work? Kinda noob when it comes to Hard drives :( 

Thanks :D 


Yes it will and there will be no difference in performance.


I see.. Thanks again :)  moreee powaaaah
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2013 5:25:17 AM

Yes it will work but a little performance change would be seen that would not obstruct your work... :)  Have fun
m
0
l