Solved

400-500$ Gaming PC build

A gaming PC that requires no OS or peripherals that is at or below 500.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 400 500 gaming build
  1. I'll build ya one. What kind of games are you going to mostly be playing? When you are in this budget range, choosing between a intel duo core and a FX-6300 can mean all the difference depending on the game(s).
  2. StarTrek2013 said:
    I'll build ya one. What kind of games are you going to mostly be playing? When you are in this budget range, choosing between a intel duo core and a FX-6300 can mean all the difference depending on the game(s).

Thanks!

I'm going to be playing some RTS games with some platformers mixed in.
  3. Alright, with RTS games, you are probably going to need a quad-core CPU atleast. Let me build you a sample build...
  4. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($81.02 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB Video Card ($139.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $523.93
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-28 22:27 EST-0500)
  5. You aren't going to be able to do much upgrading in the future without upgrading your PSU and Mobo. As for overclocking, you may be able to do a bit, but don't bump it up hugely.
  6. StarTrek2013 said:
    You aren't going to be able to do much upgrading in the future without upgrading your PSU and Mobo. As for overclocking, you may be able to do a bit, but don't bump it up hugely.

Thanks again! I don't believe I'll be upgrading in the future, so this'll work nicely.
  7. Your welcome. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Peripherals Gaming Build Systems