Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

PC won't turn on help please!

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
December 28, 2013 9:07:26 PM

Hey guys, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. My friend brought over a chasis so I could move all the components from my computer to the new chasis. When I moved everything, I plugged the 4-pin to the CPU and the atx power cable. I then connected the io port cables and it turned on. Then I took the io cables, unplugged them, moved some things and replugged the io cables and it wouldn't turn on. I followed the manual for the mobo and nothing. So I decided to switch everything back over to my computer chasis. I connected the io cables and nothing. My mobo's light switches on green when the power is on but nothing else. I have the Asus P8B75-M LE motherboard. I hace been at this for so many hours but nothing ...

More about : turn

a c 559 V Motherboard
December 28, 2013 10:53:11 PM

Hi,
If leaving only CPU and CPU fan installed, both 24 and 4 pin power cables connected and starting the board, is the CPU fan spinning?
If not, can you test different power supply?
m
0
l
December 29, 2013 11:39:47 AM

alexoiu said:
Hi,
If leaving only CPU and CPU fan installed, both 24 and 4 pin power cables connected and starting the board, is the CPU fan spinning?
If not, can you test different power supply?


Hey, I did what you said and left only the CPU and CPU fan installed with the 24 and 4 pin cables connected but It wouldn't start. No response at all. I tried using a different power supply, and and when I went to click on the power button nothing happened. I'm running out on ideas...
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 29, 2013 11:44:50 AM

Then it looks like a motherboard issue (unless 2 faulty power supplies).
Have you tried starting the board by shorting the 2 pins on the motherboard where the power button wires get connected (for ruling out a power switch issue)?
m
0
l
December 29, 2013 12:11:51 PM

alexoiu said:
Then it looks like a motherboard issue (unless 2 faulty power supplies).
Have you tried starting the board by shorting the 2 pins on the motherboard where the power button wires get connected (for ruling out a power switch issue)?

No I haven't tried that? How would I do it though?
m
0
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 29, 2013 12:18:30 PM

Locate on te motherboard the system panel connector (where the reset, power buttons and HDD and power leds wires get connected to the motherboard).
Identify the 2 pins correspondig to the power button (use the board's manual if not sure which).
Use a screwdriver or similar for shortly connecting together the 2 pins for starting the board (it's what the power button does when pressed).
m
0
l
December 29, 2013 12:29:00 PM

alexoiu said:
Locate on te motherboard the system panel connector (where the reset, power buttons and HDD and power leds wires get connected to the motherboard).
Identify the 2 pins correspondig to the power button (use the board's manual if not sure which).
Use a screwdriver or similar for shortly connecting together the 2 pins for starting the board (it's what the power button does when pressed).


do you mean the front panel connectors? Where you plug the front i/o wires to the motherboard?
m
0
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 29, 2013 12:30:49 PM

Yes.
m
0
l
December 29, 2013 12:34:17 PM

alexoiu said:
Yes.


Okay, so now I located the pins the correspond to the power button. Now what do I do? Sorry it's just that I'm being way too cautious with this, but thanks for helping me though.
m
0
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 29, 2013 12:46:59 PM

The power button, when pressed actually connects together the 2 pins. Use a screwdriver and touch the 2 pins with it.
Let me find a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQKOmM8aEE check min2.00
m
0
l

Best solution

December 29, 2013 1:13:35 PM

alexoiu said:
The power button, when pressed actually connects together the 2 pins. Use a screwdriver and touch the 2 pins with it.
Let me find a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQKOmM8aEE check min2.00


Hey man it turns out that I removed the little plastic jumper from my motherboard where the CMOS pins are. I found the jumper and placed it back in and now it turns on. Thanks anyway for the help man I really appreciate it.

Share
a c 559 V Motherboard
December 29, 2013 1:25:18 PM

I wouldn't have thought of it, although it's the second post i've read with a similar issue. I'll add it on my troubleshooting list.
Good luck!
m
0
l
!