Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Is there a way to connect 2 tv's to a Xbox 360 to play multi-player games instead of using 1 tv and split screen

Tags:
  • TV
  • Video Games
  • Connection
  • Games
  • Xbox 360
Last response: in PC Gaming
December 28, 2013 9:44:32 PM

Is there a way to connect 2 tv's to a Xbox 360 to play multi-player games instead of playing on one tv using split screen?

More about : connect xbox 360 play multi player games split screen

Best solution

December 29, 2013 12:54:33 AM

Yes there is a way to do that.

Get your stuff ready and then follow my instructions.

Stuff Required:

1.HDMI Cable.
2.Small and composite video cables.

Instructions:

1.Connect the HDMI cable to the port on the Xbox 360.

2.Then plug your composite cable to the port on the Xbox 360.

3.Connect the HDMI cable to your HDTV, and select the video source as HDMI.

4.Connect those colored cables to their suitable ports on your TV

5.Then select AV Mode on your TV.

6.Turn on the Xbox 360 and you will see Xbox 360 on both TVs

Hope I helped you. :) 
Share
December 29, 2013 1:09:56 AM

You will see the same split screen image on both TVs. There is no way to get 2 independent images on 2 different monitors from 1 Xbox 360.
m
1
l
Related resources
December 29, 2013 1:14:30 AM

Nlg01 said:
You will see the same split screen image on both TVs. There is no way to get 2 independent images on 2 different monitors from 1 Xbox 360.


You can always turn off Split Screen to see the result.
m
0
l
December 29, 2013 1:26:08 AM

It will no longer be a multiplayer game if you disable split screen. You can hook up multiple screens to 1 xbox but they will all display the same image.
m
0
l
December 29, 2013 1:33:27 AM

Nlg01 said:
It will no longer be a multiplayer game if you disable split screen. You can hook up multiple screens to 1 xbox but they will all display the same image.


Yeah that's another point. I just told him how to connect Xbox 360 with two TVs. Split Screen+Split Screen= Multi Screens. LOL :D 
m
0
l
January 1, 2014 10:36:36 PM

StickyJamGamer said:
Yes there is a way to do that.

Get your stuff ready and then follow my instructions.

Stuff Required:

1.HDMI Cable.
2.Small and composite video cables.

Instructions:

1.Connect the HDMI cable to the port on the Xbox 360.

2.Then plug your composite cable to the port on the Xbox 360.

3.Connect the HDMI cable to your HDTV, and select the video source as HDMI.

4.Connect those colored cables to their suitable ports on your TV

5.Then select AV Mode on your TV.

6.Turn on the Xbox 360 and you will see Xbox 360 on both TVs

Hope I helped you. :) 


m
0
l
January 1, 2014 10:41:28 PM

So there is no way to play a 2 player mode xbox game on 2 seperate tv's. I attempted to connect the HDMI and composite cables to the xbox but due to thickness of the composite cable head which connects to the xbox, I was unable to connect the HDMI cable. Its one or the other. Thank you all for your help on this.
m
0
l
March 5, 2014 1:49:06 PM

Using a computer as a medium you can set up a VideoCapture card, this is what a lot of gamers use to record let's plays for console games. You plug the xbox into the capture card, then run the captured video as a live stream and not a recording. Make sure your capture screen is in windowed mode as you set up a multiple monitor display for your computer. Configure the windows display manager so that one screen is rendered as being on top of the other this is part of an extended display. Then when you have your video game windowed and running, drag it so that one of the 2 sides of the splitscreen appear on one monitor and the other half is displayed on the other monitor. Then you can move the monitors so that you can't see eachother's screens.

Install capture card and graphics card into a desktop computer
Plug xbox into capture card
plug dual monitors into graphics card
Configure video capture to show the split from the split screen on different monitors
Be rid of screen peaking for awhile to come

For reference and clarification you might want to visit this link, however they're explanation is rather lengthy, though with pictures it works well.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Solving-the-problems-of...


This method is decent enough and does work if you put enough money into the expansion cards required for this. However it is a significant hole in your wallet if you don't already own a decent capture card or a video card that supports dual display.

~ A+ certification Computer service Technician trainee and game enthusiast
m
0
l
March 5, 2014 3:55:40 PM

No, there is no way to play that way, unfortunately. The xbox doesn't have the capabilities to "see" more than one screen, so you can duplicate the output, but you can't tell the Xbox to send different output to the dfferent screens. You can get a bigger TV, or a second Xbox. =\
m
1
l
August 5, 2014 3:11:46 PM

Midnightrun said:
Is there a way to connect 2 tv's to a Xbox 360 to play multi-player games instead of playing on one tv using split screen?


you can do it with 2 360's and two tv's and an ethernet cable by wiring them up together if your game (like cod) has a LAN party option
m
0
l
August 5, 2014 3:16:36 PM

Do as above for 2 screens.

Get a large piece of cardboard and some sticky tape/blutac

Cut the cardboard in half and secure one half to the top of one screen

Secure the other half to the bottom of the 2nd screen

Used to do this with component cables, 4 screens and an N64 for ultimate Goldeneye :D 
m
0
l
August 9, 2014 4:31:53 PM

hi all.
I have 2 Xbox 360's for the kids and 2 TV's with HDMI, they both have the minecraft game and want to play multiplayer on there own TV's, without split screen can this be done??
m
0
l
September 3, 2014 11:55:23 PM

reaper68 said:
hi all.
I have 2 Xbox 360's for the kids and 2 TV's with HDMI, they both have the minecraft game and want to play multiplayer on there own TV's, without split screen can this be done??


Well if it's minecraft on the xbox 360 then all they would have to do is open the game separately on each console, each connected to a different tv, and one should just be able to invite the other using xbox live. Which would enable them to play multiplayer on seprate tv's without split screen.
m
0
l
September 4, 2014 3:12:47 PM

Nlg01 said:
You will see the same split screen image on both TVs. There is no way to get 2 independent images on 2 different monitors from 1 Xbox 360.


GreenJc4 said:
reaper68 said:
hi all.
I have 2 Xbox 360's for the kids and 2 TV's with HDMI, they both have the minecraft game and want to play multiplayer on there own TV's, without split screen can this be done??


Well if it's minecraft on the xbox 360 then all they would have to do is open the game separately on each console, each connected to a different tv, and one should just be able to invite the other using xbox live. Which would enable them to play multiplayer on seprate tv's without split screen.



hi thanks for your answer but we don't have Xbox live is there a way like a land party
m
0
l
September 28, 2014 8:17:33 PM

ChromedotEXE said:
Midnightrun said:
Is there a way to connect 2 tv's to a Xbox 360 to play multi-player games instead of playing on one tv using split screen?


you can do it with 2 360's and two tv's and an ethernet cable by wiring them up together if your game (like cod) has a LAN party option


Do you need a network/internet connection for the LAN party if using the ethernet cables or can you play without the internet connecting the 2? Sorry, a bit of a rookie at this stuff
m
1
l
March 26, 2015 5:18:07 PM

StickyJamGamer said:
Yes there is a way to do that.

Get your stuff ready and then follow my instructions.

Stuff Required:

1.HDMI Cable.
2.Small and composite video cables.

Instructions:

1.Connect the HDMI cable to the port on the Xbox 360.

2.Then plug your composite cable to the port on the Xbox 360.

3.Connect the HDMI cable to your HDTV, and select the video source as HDMI.

4.Connect those colored cables to their suitable ports on your TV

5.Then select AV Mode on your TV.

6.Turn on the Xbox 360 and you will see Xbox 360 on both TVs

Hope I helped you. :) 


m
0
l
March 30, 2015 8:13:23 AM

Showard said:
ChromedotEXE said:
Midnightrun said:
Is there a way to connect 2 tv's to a Xbox 360 to play multi-player games instead of playing on one tv using split screen?


you can do it with 2 360's and two tv's and an ethernet cable by wiring them up together if your game (like cod) has a LAN party option


Do you need a network/internet connection for the LAN party if using the ethernet cables or can you play without the internet connecting the 2? Sorry, a bit of a rookie at this stuff


If they have wirless you can just connect them both to your wirless,
if you dont have a wirless router, and they still have wirless you can create a ad-hoc network

If they do not have wirless, a cross-over cable will work, or ethernet cables with any network hub.
m
0
l