FX-8320 Standard temperature? (Overheat)

Syrio Forel

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Greetings folks! I'm new here and I'd like to ask you guys a little help,if it's not too much.

I recently acquired a whole new RIG for gaming and I'd be very satisfied with said acquisition if not for the high temperature on the GPU (FX-8320). I'm getting like 39º - 42º while idle and I don't think that's a normal temp...I'm very worried about it and I didn't play any game yet,due my current situation.

The fan was incredibly loud and I had to set it to run in "silent" mod through the BIOS...one less annoyance to worry about,but still...It didn't seem right.

I had the so much famous "CPU FAN ERROR" first time I tried to boot the system. Had to turn off the fan monitoring to do so.

Is that a standard temperature for a FX-8320?

Well,that's it. I'd like to thank you guys for you patience and time.

Peace! ^.^

Syrio Forel

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Greetings Neieus! Thank you for your attention.

I'm not sure about what you tried to say. Do I have to buy a new cooler? Because,the way things are now I can't see any other solution. Just now I launched Arkham City and within 1 minute or less the fan became extremely loud again,even in silent mod. That scared me out for good and closed the game. I didn't need to check the CPU temperature because we all know what that means. It's hard to believe that I'll not be able to enjoy this new RIG until I open my wallet again...*sigh*

Is there any decent CPU monitoring software to use while playing? I could use one of those...just to make sure.

Thank you again,Neieus.

Syrio Forel

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I'm using the stock cooler...but...still that doesn't make any sense. Why does a stock cooler would not be enough? I mean it's the stock cooler...it MUST be enough. (Theoretically)

Maybe I'm too innocent,thinking like this.

It's already coated by a fresh layer...did it yesterday.

Thank you again,bouncedk! ^^

Syrio Forel

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Should I blindly risk it? I'm not sure,since AMD doesn't cover burned out processors...also...I need a CPU monitoring software...a reliable one. I'm seriously thinking about activating the warranty service. *sigh* This is very unpleasant.

I'll be waiting for more guidance from you guys...and thank you again,bouncedk,for your time and patience.

Syrio Forel

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Greetings jghaverty! Thank you for posting!

Indeed...I didn't think about it,in fact. Could you point me to the right way here? Which benchmark software would do the trick? Thanks,once again!

Syrio Forel

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

bouncedk,I just managed to configure HWINFO to work in OSD. Green light for my temps. I'm getting 48ºC for the Core and 55ºC for the Socket. That's a good sign,right? Should I just sit and relax or...continue my crusade?

Thank you my friend!

TRENDING THREADS