$2500 Gaming PC Build - Advice needed

Steelshanks

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I need some suggestions on the best build using the following items (which I already own):

Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (CC-9011030-WW) ATX High Airflow Cube Case
CORSAIR RM Series RM1000 1000W ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified
CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 120mm

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as I settle on a build
Budget Range: $2500 After shipping / rebates / not including owned parts
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming / AutoCAD / Remote Desktop to work
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: Everything needed save the parts listed above
Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg (but if price difference is that drastic willing to buy from elsewhere)
Parts Preferences:
1. Intel CPU Ivy Bridge, preferably 6 core (don't want to upgrade for a long time)
2. Motherboard with SLI Capability ( is SLI more stable the Crossfire?)
3. Samsung SSD 500GB max (I hear games run faster with SSD and safer storage)
4. Backup memory 1TB - 3TB
5. Good graphics card(s) that will last for at least 5 years worth of game development. If it comes with a free game all the better. I play some RPG / ARPG
6. Blue parts / Blue LEDs
7. Windows 8.1 for Motherboard / CPU optimization (i guess its better?)
8. Need to read Blue ray and burn CD's
Overclocking: Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Your Monitor Resolution: Playing on a 42" Flat Screen 780p TV and I plan on upgrading to either Eyefinity (3 monitors) or a Bigger Flat screen 1080p HD sometime in 2014
Additional Comments: Quiet PC is a plus, I believe I can adjust my fans on the H80i to run quieter and if I'm not OC the CPU cooling should be more than enough even at slow RPM. Right?

I read a bit about the Corsair Link and I think the power supply and the H80i give me lots of control over the system. I would like this computer to last so good support / warranty on parts is very important IMHO.

Thank you for any help with this project! I am super excited about placing the order.

:D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($568.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($224.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($139.98 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($168.29 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($82.94 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($745.91 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($94.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2043.05
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-29 14:43 EST-0500)

6 core processor with hyper-threading for fast CAD work.
16gb of ram should be enough, but you can always add more later.
GTX 780 ti max out anything at 1080p.

Solution

Steelshanks

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

I think LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer does Blue Rays as well. Not exactly sure if it would fit in my case, or if there are many alternatives. I think I would like to have the option to read Blue Ray discs. I occasionally run across a Blue Ray movie and it's annoying when I can't watch it.

In regards to the Motherboard:
If I use an OEM Windows 8.1 then I have to purchase a new OS if I ever upgrade the MB. Reviews are hard to base my judgements on. How is ASrocks support / RMA process? Would ASUS or GIGABYTE be better in terms of quick turn around on support issues / replacements? I've only dealt with ASUS products in the past