770 with 560ti for Physx?

klorecore

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I am receiving a gigabyte 4gig 770 windforce gpu and wondered if it was worth is to keep my 560ti card around to run physx. A note I should probably include is that the 560ti would be forced to run off of a 4x PCIe slot. I have a sufficient power supply. Do you guys think it is worth the airflow loss/power draw to go for it?

Solution
If you don't play games with hardware accelerated Physx (like Batman Arkham or Borderlands 2), you're better off saving power and running cooler with just the GTX 770.

simmons33

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
+1 "If you don't play games with hardware accelerated Physx (like Batman Arkham or Borderlands 2), you're better off saving power and running cooler with just the GTX 770."

Id only do it if something I played often had PhysX

smyler

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
770 has physx built in, though a dedicated physx card is an option. So, in saying that, I would considering heat and power consumption like you stated, and if neither are a problem than do what you'd like. It will not hurt your system if neither of those are an issue, though as you are probably aware the physx intensive games are the only real uses for this setup.