Solved

Will these parts work together in my budget gaming PC?

Hello, I am fairly new when it comes to PC hardware, but was thinking about putting together my own cheap PC for gaming rather soon. I found parts that I think are satisfactory, but I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be any issues (extreme bottlenecking, incompatible parts, insufficient energy supply etc.) before I purchased them.

If I could get confirmation that this build is OK, or if anybody can spot any problems that I missed I would very much appreciate it!

CPU: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i5-3350P-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B0093H8NBY
GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121727&Tpk=ASUS%20HD7790-DC2OC-1GD5%20Radeon%20HD7790%201GB%20GDDR5%20128-bit%2c
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139048&Tpk=Corsair%20CX600M%20Power%20Supply
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157303&nm_mc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r&cm_mmc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r-_-Motherboards+-+Intel-_-ASRock-_-13157303
Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145304
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about parts work budget gaming
  1. All the parts are compatible Do you have ram and do you have a case. Although the parts are a bit dated and maybe a bit weak what sorts of performance were you looking for and what resolution will you be gaming at?
  2. Krishna Moorthy said:
    All the parts are compatible Do you have ram and do you have a case. Although the parts are a bit dated and maybe a bit weak what sorts of performance were you looking for and what resolution will you be gaming at?


    Thanks for the response. Yes, I do have both a case and RAM.

    I am mainly planning to run recent games such as Skyrim on medium settings with a decent FPS. I'm not one to care for extremely good graphics as long as they look decent enough and I can run it smoothly.
  3. Ace72 said:
    Krishna Moorthy said:
    All the parts are compatible Do you have ram and do you have a case. Although the parts are a bit dated and maybe a bit weak what sorts of performance were you looking for and what resolution will you be gaming at?


    Thanks for the response. Yes, I do have both a case and RAM.

    I am mainly planning to run recent games such as Skyrim on medium settings with a decent FPS. I'm not one to care for extremely good graphics as long as they look decent enough and I can run it smoothly.


    If you want a cheap computer go the path of amd you get more bang for your buck intel is expensive but only really shines when it comes to high end hardware. The low end stuff is just overpriced.
  4. Best answer
    You could go the path of this :)

    CPU: $159
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285

    MOBO: $69
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157366

    GPU: $139
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125480

    PSU: can stay the same you have a really good psu i have a corsair one as well and i love it. :)


    Hard Drive: $64
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

    Something like this is great and when you get more money you can upgrade the gpu to something really good. The 8320 is a bit more expensive than your old processor but will smoke it.
  5. Krishna Moorthy said:
    You could go the path of this :)

    CPU: $159
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285

    MOBO: $69
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157366

    GPU: $139
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125480

    PSU: can stay the same you have a really good psu i have a corsair one as well and i love it. :)


    Hard Drive: $64
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

    Something like this is great and when you get more money you can upgrade the gpu to something really good. The 8320 is a bit more expensive than your old processor but will smoke it.

    Thank you very much, this looks great and is within my price range.
  6. Ace72 said:
    Krishna Moorthy said:
    You could go the path of this :)

    CPU: $159
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285

    MOBO: $69
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157366

    GPU: $139
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125480

    PSU: can stay the same you have a really good psu i have a corsair one as well and i love it. :)


    Hard Drive: $64
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

    Something like this is great and when you get more money you can upgrade the gpu to something really good. The 8320 is a bit more expensive than your old processor but will smoke it.

    Thank you very much, this looks great and is within my price range.


    no worries mate enjoy and good luck. Let us know how it goes :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Hardware Gaming Bottleneck Components