6850 weird problem

Nikola Lukic

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I recently got a 6850. Now, I installed it on my PC following the reset of BIOS so I could reset all my overclocking settings. I started it up and it seemeed to run just fine. The BIOs loaded and it went on to the windows screen. After the four signs (windows 7) merged and it went to the blue loading screen it just went black. I tried rebotting but nothign happened. Removed it, reinstalled it, tried a different 6 pin connector. It just wouldn't budge. It stayed black.

So I went to a friends place so i could try it there. Same story. It started up, booted windows this time and friend went to a website to dowlnoad new drivers and it did it again. Screen went black. Rebooting doesn't help.

My specs are: Intel E4500 @ 2.2mhz, Asus P5b motherboard, 2x geil ram 2x hyperx ram (all 1Gbs), LC power 500w.

Friends specs: Intel i7 920, Some crazy asus mobo that costs more than CPU, GTX 570, 6 gb patriot signature, cooler master 620w.

I'm just trying to determine what hte problem could be. Is it off eleectrical nature being the flawed card or somethign with the compatibility or the psus. Would like to get some tips if anyone has them.

chrisso

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
That is a very new card compared to a 4 series c2d chip circa 2005 setup. You might need to flash the bios if there is a newer one. I always find it better to stick with tech nearer matched in age (say, a gtx450 or 460 , but I know you cant get new gear that old. Its a poser.

TRENDING THREADS