Solved

Will this upgrade work?

I need to upgrade my tower computer, will these parts work? I already own the case.
Already owned
Case: RC-541-SKR1
Purchasing
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Hard drive: 500gb SSD
New CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k
New Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene
New PCIE x4 Wireless Card: ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 Adapter
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade work
  1. what is the psu? and if the cpu and mobo both are in the same socket they will work
  2. LightningsalesUK said:
    what is the psu? and if the cpu and mobo both are in the same socket they will work

    My PSU is 750 watt
  3. I would suggest a less expensive motherboard and a better GPU
  4. the cpu has to be at the same-ish level as the graphics card. i suggest getting i better one
  5. Best answer
    I would try these for your MB and graphics, it comes out to the same money.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121775
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157373

    You will only need 8GB to game with, perhaps 2x4GB would do fine.

    500GB SSDs are pretty expensive, perhaps a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD...
  6. endeavour37a said:
    I would try these for your MB and graphics, it comes out to the same money.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121775
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157373

    You will only need 8GB to game with, perhaps 2x4GB would do fine.

    500GB SSDs are pretty expensive, perhaps a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD...


    I can get a deal on a 500 gig ssd for $350 new, and thank you for your feedback. I was considering a 760 bit had no idea on what motherboard I would use.
  7. LightningsalesUK said:
    the cpu has to be at the same-ish level as the graphics card. i suggest getting i better one


    What cpu would you recommend? It has to be LGA 1150
  8. You have listed the i5 4670k, it is a very good CPU for gaming and gives you the option of some OCing on it if you wish, 4670k $240

    This is a very good SSD also as an option...
    Crucial M500 480GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT480M500SSD1, it's $305 at NE right now.

    """"""""""from Toms SSD page
    The 480 GB M500 is marginally faster than the 960 GB version, but with half the flash and (almost) half of the price tag. As always, the M500 possesses an enviable feature set, with TCG Opal 2.0 and eDrive security, pseudo-power loss protection, and new power-saving enhancements. The 960 GB M500 is almost untouchable on price per gigabyte, but the 480 GB is undoubtedly a safe choice for potential buyers searching for something bigger than 256 GB without the wallet-pain of a 1 TB-class drive. The 480 GB is right in that sweet spot for most every metric we'd use to buy a new SSD.
    """"""""""""""""""
Ask a new question

Read More

Systems